I don't get the lives that my friends are sending

GabriellaIzabella
GabriellaIzabella Posts: 4 Newbie
edited May 2023 in Support

I can't get the lives that my friends are sending, my game looks a little different than my friends game, before was ok but for a while I can't send and receive lives. Also before I was able to see short videos to get more lives or tools but now it doesn't show me to see videos. I tried to clear the cache on the app, to restart, to uninstall and install the game again but still not working. Please see in the printscreens how is shows now in the places that before I was receiving and sending lives and videos.

Best Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Hello @GabriellaIzabella and welcome to Soda community!

thanks for sharing pictures

You're not reiceiving lives because most, if not all, your friends have the previous friendship system so they can't currently see your requests.

At the moment this feature is being tested in Spain and Sweden but soon it will be rolled to all players so your friends will likely receive it and be able to respond and ask for lives or boosters

My advise is to add as many players to your friends list as you can from events like 4 in a row, weekly contest, shipmates, Kimmy's candy hunt etc simply by tapping on their avatars. A big friends list is better for this new system 🙂 I have it as well

Ads feature is not removed from the game but it may be temporarily missing from time to time, it's not an error. Soda Studio spreads out features, so some players might have a feature while others don't at the same time and then the feature rotates again. Make sure your game is up to date and hopefully you'll get ads in your game soon

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 17,053 Soda Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello and welcome to Soda Community @GabriellaIzabella

I see you got the new Social Hub friendship. A group of players got this new system for testing and it is being expanded among more players. When you have the new friendship and your other friends in Social Hub don't have it (yet), they won't see the request for a life or booster. To add more friends in Social Hub who have the same new friendship system you could open the list of suggested friends (via friends, add more friends).

Regarding the ads; the video advertising feature, like all advertising and promotional features, is still a test feature in the game. Therefore, video ads are not always available and not found in all players' games or on all devices. Sometimes the Game Studio switches the groups of players that can see advertisements. Also, in some cases, the video feature may be missing due to temporary issues.

So if you are missing the ads in your game right now, make sure you have the latest update and hopefully ads will be back in your game soon.

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Hello @GabriellaIzabella and welcome to Soda community!

thanks for sharing pictures

You're not reiceiving lives because most, if not all, your friends have the previous friendship system so they can't currently see your requests.

At the moment this feature is being tested in Spain and Sweden but soon it will be rolled to all players so your friends will likely receive it and be able to respond and ask for lives or boosters

My advise is to add as many players to your friends list as you can from events like 4 in a row, weekly contest, shipmates, Kimmy's candy hunt etc simply by tapping on their avatars. A big friends list is better for this new system 🙂 I have it as well

Ads feature is not removed from the game but it may be temporarily missing from time to time, it's not an error. Soda Studio spreads out features, so some players might have a feature while others don't at the same time and then the feature rotates again. Make sure your game is up to date and hopefully you'll get ads in your game soon

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 17,053 Soda Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello and welcome to Soda Community @GabriellaIzabella

I see you got the new Social Hub friendship. A group of players got this new system for testing and it is being expanded among more players. When you have the new friendship and your other friends in Social Hub don't have it (yet), they won't see the request for a life or booster. To add more friends in Social Hub who have the same new friendship system you could open the list of suggested friends (via friends, add more friends).

Regarding the ads; the video advertising feature, like all advertising and promotional features, is still a test feature in the game. Therefore, video ads are not always available and not found in all players' games or on all devices. Sometimes the Game Studio switches the groups of players that can see advertisements. Also, in some cases, the video feature may be missing due to temporary issues.

So if you are missing the ads in your game right now, make sure you have the latest update and hopefully ads will be back in your game soon.

• GabriellaIzabella
    GabriellaIzabella Posts: 4 Newbie

I'm also traveling a lot and I change countries a lot, do you think this may be a reason too? The game has all the updates up to date. The problem is that I did add friends from event but I don't get any lives and I can't see any spot for l messages in the game. The adds were helping me cause they were giving me more lives.

So you think that my game now has the new system and my friends still have the old one.

I was happy with the old one honestly, was easier.

Thanks for the andwers

• Pitty_Kitty

I'm also traveling a lot and I change countries a lot, do you think this may be a reason too?

I'm not sure, it might be possible

The problem is that I did add friends from event but I don't get any lives and I can't see any spot for l messages in the game.

that's why I advise you to keep adding players through events. I have probably more than 300 friends in my list but I have less than a dozen Spanish players in it who send me lives requests and I don't reside in Spain 🙂

When the feature is rolled out to more players, you won't have to worry about (non) Spanish or Swedish players anymore. The big list will still help because you'll have more chances to find active players at any moment who will answer you quickly.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?