Why are points never given to me in Kimmy's Candy Hunt?

Options
Kerrie
Kerrie Posts: 2,152 Level 4

I have 2 Soda accounts and only have Kimmy's Candy Hunt in my newest one. Right now it's making any color fish. I make several fish but they don't count. I don't get points for any collection not just fish.

Did I do something to cause this? Can I fix it?

I play this account, Tweetie, on my tablet and my other account, Kerrie, on my phone.

Best Answer

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,101 Soda Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Kerrie

Kimmy’s candy hunt is based only on collecting a certain color of candies, in this case cyan. I'm not sure when you make fish of that color if it's counted then 🤔. It may happen that events are not always available on all devices.

What you can do is force close the app, clear cache and open the game and play some levels. Sometimes the event will also appear on your other device when you do that.

*Clear cache in Android: go to settings - tap on apps - tap on candy crush soda - tap on storage - tap on clear cache (not data❗️)

*Clear cache in iOS: go to settings - tap on Safari - tap on Clear history and website data

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Answers

• Kerrie
    Options

I looked for updates but there's none. I opened it on my old phone, updated the app and it doesn't even have Kimmy's hunt. Can this be device specific?

• Yosca
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Kerrie

Kimmy’s candy hunt is based only on collecting a certain color of candies, in this case cyan. I'm not sure when you make fish of that color if it's counted then 🤔. It may happen that events are not always available on all devices.

What you can do is force close the app, clear cache and open the game and play some levels. Sometimes the event will also appear on your other device when you do that.

*Clear cache in Android: go to settings - tap on apps - tap on candy crush soda - tap on storage - tap on clear cache (not data❗️)

*Clear cache in iOS: go to settings - tap on Safari - tap on Clear history and website data

Let me know if this helps 🙂

• Kerrie
    Options

@Yosca no wonder you didn't know about the fish I mentioned...that's was in Jelly!🤦

I did what you said and played 8-10 levels and the event is there but nothing is being counted. I'm going to try posting off my device for awhile. 🙏

Thanks for trying.

• Kerrie
    Options

@Yosca it's not the device my son's account has it and it works. It must be my account, oh well, I've spent.enough time trying to figure it out. Thanks for your help!🤗

• Yosca
    Options

Glad you can play it @Kerrie

Happy crushing 🤗

• nettiervin
    nettiervin Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

i am having the same issue with jimmy’s hunt not adding any new amounts.

• Kerrie
    Options

Try signing out then back in. If I don't get the Kimmy color collection icon to show up before I play when I open the game nothing will be added. When I navigate away from the game to text, check email or anything I usually need to sign out/in again. Sometimes closing/opening it will do it but not very often. It's a pain and I hate it. It makes me not want to even participate.

I hope it will help you.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?