My game can not connect to the internet.

Options
baharspring
baharspring Posts: 1 Newbie

why my game cannot connect to the internet?

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @baharspring and welcome to Soda community!

When did this issue start?

Up until yesterday there was a connection issue in the game that was affecting Facebook players.

We've been informed it should be fixed now.

Did you try to play levels to help the game reconnect with the server and see if this helps?

Additionally check all troubleshooting steps:

• Do you read a red connection error message ("there was a connection error, try again in a bit") when you visit profile settings in soda app? Let me know if you do have it because you can't log out and log in to your account. You can't contact King Player Support from your app too.

If you don't see this kind of error message, please go ahead and:

• check for Soda and device updates
    • check that your device has at least 2 GB of free storage
    • provided you have a King account to save your progress try to log out- close game - clear cache* - restart device - open game - log in and pass any level to make sure you reconnected to the server
    • you might need to repeat the steps above 3-4 times

*it depends on on the type of the device. Read all details here.

If you own Android mobile, visit device Settings - Apps - Candy Crush Soda Saga - Storage - Clear Cache. Be careful not to click "clear data" which deletes your boosters

If you own Apple mobile, visit Settings - Safari - Clear History and Website Data

If you own a Kindle fire, check this out

it's not possible to do in Microsoft app on computer

Let me know if it works 🙂

• canuckbabe
    canuckbabe Posts: 18 Level 2
    Options

I've been having the "internet connection" issue for about a week (Oct 2023)

Yes, I'm currently having the issue below...es, I've has, am having, the issue below

"Do you read a red connection error message ("there was a connection error, try again in a bit") when you visit profile settings in soda app? Let me know if you do have it because you can't log out and log in to your account. You can't contact King can't enjoy your game if I'm not logged in. I can play, but I don't have access to all the features of the gamePl

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @canuckbabe and welcome to Soda community!

Do you see this error?

If you do, I can suggest you try this trick to see if it works, it helped me 1 out of the 2 times it happened to me

• force close the app (or make sure it's not running in the background)- switch off your internet connection - start the app but don't click "play" yet - switch on internet connection- then click "play"

Additionally you could check for Soda app updates - clear cache and try these steps from Help Center article:

What can I do when I lose connection in the game?

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

If nothing works then I'm afraid the only effective solution is to reinstall Soda app 😔

Unfortunately, uninstalling the app will delete all your boosters (they're saved locally on your device).

Reinstalling the app can also delete recent progress you made while being offline due to this problem. If you have a King/ Facebook account, you'll be able to retrieve all the gold bars and progress you made before this problem arised.

It's not ideal at all but it will allow you to play normally again.

-----

If you progress is partially or entirely lost after reinstalling the app, create an account if you don't have one already and contact Player Support so they can manually restore your progress on your account:

How to contact Player Support: open soda app - visit settings- click "?" Icon- visit "my game progress"- "how do I save progress"- scroll down and click "contact us". Please be sure to select the correct topics: "Lost progress or items" and "I lost my progress". Explain your problem, add your current level and send.

-----

If you lost purchased items that you didn't use, you may ask Player Support for a replacement. More infos here

• canuckbabe
    canuckbabe Posts: 18 Level 2
    Options

Yes, I did get the message shown below (I tried to post it in my original post, but there were difficulties in attaching it). However, I am playing on my desktop, so I can't really uninstall the "app", and, as you can see by my reply, I am online and connected to the internet on my desktop. I will try to see if there is an update in the Microsoft store. Thank you for your reply

• avande7217
    avande7217 Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

Fixed it by disconnecting and reconnecting...:)

• DadraHenry
    DadraHenry Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

Can't connect and don't want to reinstall will lose my level and not willing to lose everything.took to late to get to this level. Been playing for years.HELP.

• simplyP
    simplyP Posts: 11,786 Level 5
    Options

Then try logout, clear cache or turn off device, and then login again….🤞🤞🤞

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?