Soda not loading on iPad

SelBel2000
SelBel2000 Posts: 2 Newbie

Hi

I play soda sage on both my iPhone and iPad. It’s working fine on my iPhone but it’s not been able to open on my iPad for over 24 hours.

I’m using iOS 15.8 on an iPad Air 2. I have well over 2GB of data free. I’ve tried force closing the app and restarting my iPad. The same error continues.

The opening screen is unresponsive and nothing I tap on the screen image works. I’ve built up lots of free boosters so I’m really trying to avoid uninstalling the app.

is this a common problem? Is there anything I can do to fix the issue?

TIA

Best Answer

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 16,803 Soda Moderator
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓

Welcome to Soda Community @SelBel2000

Do you have the latest game update? I experienced this problem with my iPad 6th generation. After I updated the game app I no longer had the problem. Is it possible to update the software of your iPad Air 2? Current OS version is 17.1.1

Sometimes you may have to repeat several times to force close the app and swipe up, restart your device and try to sign in.

If this does not help, what is the model number of your iPad Air2 (e.g. MK2K3FD/A)

Uninstalling the app will indeed result in you losing all boosters as they are stored in your device's memory 😢

Answers

• Littleprincess
    Littleprincess Posts: 6 Level 2

I’m exactly the same. I’d progressed towards the end of level 3000 and this was my favourite King game. I gave up and deleted the app then reinstalled from the app store-big mistake!!!The app opens and asks for my date of birth but again the screen is unresponsive and won’t let me enter my info.

• Yosca
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓

Welcome to Soda Community @SelBel2000

Do you have the latest game update? I experienced this problem with my iPad 6th generation. After I updated the game app I no longer had the problem. Is it possible to update the software of your iPad Air 2? Current OS version is 17.1.1

Sometimes you may have to repeat several times to force close the app and swipe up, restart your device and try to sign in.

If this does not help, what is the model number of your iPad Air2 (e.g. MK2K3FD/A)

Uninstalling the app will indeed result in you losing all boosters as they are stored in your device's memory 😢

• SelBel2000
    SelBel2000 Posts: 2 Newbie

That’s really helpful, thank you. I’ve realised that the Air2 is no longer getting iOS updates from Apple (only essential security ones) and I think this is the cause of the issue. I’m unable to update the iOS so I’m guessing my soda days are done ☹️

• Yosca

Hello again @SelBel2000 That is a bummer 😕

You could try another trick, which might work... Put your device in airplane mode (the game will be offline, but you will be able to use your boosters) A player once did this trick himself and was able to open and play the game.

If this allows you to access your game, you can use your boosters offline and then log in to a newer device with the same login details. If your progress has not been updated, you can have it restored manually through Player Support; you should be able to find your gold bars in your account.

I really hope this will work for you as well 🤞

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?