We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

Candy Crush levels

kimgail
kimgail Posts: 11 Level 2

The “discussion” says that the latest levels of Soda end at 13345 but I can see that they go up to 13357 and there seem to be more after that. Is there anywhere that we can see the actual/real number of levels? Is it correct to assume that about 45 levels are introduced each week? A player can’t participate in weekly contests if they only have access to a limited number of new levels. There also are 6 more episodes and it looks like 120 more levels in “windows” then in iOS can anyone explain the difference?

Comments

• simplyP
    simplyP Posts: 11,915 Level 5

Updates on this site is slow.

Yes, it’s good to assume that there will be new 45 levels per week.

Windows has more levels the mobile app….I also don’t understand why. 😅

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited February 14

Hello @kimgail and welcome to Soda community!

There was a typo on the discussion announced here in the forum. For mobile devices and HTML5 platforms, latest level was 13.375 in Friday 9th release and not 13.345. Apologies😔

Normally all platforms receive 45 levels every Friday

There's a 90 levels/6 episodes gap between mobile devices+HTML5 and Windows app platform.

The preview release which is reserved to Windows app platform gives Soda Studio the chance to collect feedback from players and possibly adjust the newest levels before they get to be released to a wider audience two weeks later.

Today Wednesday 14th, Soda Studio released 30 new extra levels as a surprise gift to players on the occasion of Valentine's day (more infos here). this means final level is 13.405 for mobile devices and 13.495 for Windows at the moment, until we get a normally scheduled release this coming Friday.

Hope this helps

• kimgail

Hi Pitty_Kitty,

I understand you are a Soda Moderator, don’t know if that means you work for Candy Crush or you just have been around along time. Pitty_Kitty sounds like you feel sorry for people that post comments or ask questions; just a comment from an old man who likes the game and has been around awhile. Now to my question. As I was led to believe there are 45 new levels added to the game every week, on Friday, and a player can find out how many levels there are by checking the total levels in the discussion area. On February 14th you posted that there was an error in the total number of levels available and that 30 “gift” levels were added for Valentine day, thanks for those. I checked both this Saturday (17th) and today Sunday (18th) to see how many levels there are and the total still seems to be 13,405. It would be nice if there was a very easily seen place on the website either in discussions or support that simply said here are the total number of levels available to play. Since I reached level 13330 a few weeks back and enjoy playing the weekly challenge I need about 450 additional levels to participate and have a chance of being in the top three positions each week and then in the top three three weeks in a row to have a chance of the top prize. Maybe I just enjoyed the game too much over the 10 or so years I’ve been playing. Thanks for your advice.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited February 19

Hello @kimgail

I'm sorry to hear the written text of my message gave that impression.

These are pretty understandable questions to ask and I'm happy to clarify.

It would be nice if there was a very easily seen place on the website either in discussions or support that simply said here are the total number of levels available to play

There is one already.👍 The discussion "what is the latest level on Candy Crush Soda Saga?" is always announced or pinned so it's always found at the top. It never sinks down unlike all discussions which don't have the "announcement" mark. This way everyone can easily access it and check the latest level available at the moment. It is its intended purpose.

the discussion needs to be updated manually every week. And only one person has the authority to do so, the Community Manager. CM is a King employee unlike us mods and is able to communicate and confirm the correct infos about Candy Crush Soda game.

Please note: the discussion might be updated at later time, since CM works at King and might be busy with matters related to the game with different priority. Of course, as we saw, mistakes such as typos can happen too. But please rest assured that Soda Studio follow their normal schedule and release 45 levels every Friday regardless. If we're given news about schedule changes as in Valentine's Day case, the community forum is notified.

We moderators, players like you, assist CM in moderating the forum as a team. We help with notifying players when news or contests about Soda game have been released, we forward issue reports and ask CM further infos on behalf of players. Which is what happened after you first posted your question. Data on the discussion have been doubled checked; error has been found and corrected.

I don't wish to annoy you by sharing this extra context nor I wish to sound overbearing or annoyed by your question.

What I mean to say is: the discussion "what is the latest level on Candy Crush Soda Saga?" is legitimate and is overseen by an authorized user who is a King employee. You may refer to it when you wish to know the latest level available in an accessible place. If you have doubts, don't hesitate to ask for further confirmation or clarification anytime.

----

As I was led to believe there are 45 new levels added to the game every week, on Friday, and a player can find out how many levels there are by checking the total levels in the discussion area. On February 14th you posted that there was an error in the total number of levels available and that 30 “gift” levels were added for Valentine day, thanks for those. I checked both this Saturday (17th) and today Sunday (18th) to see how many levels there are and the total still seems to be 13,405.

the 30 extra levels were released on Wednesday 14th, then the normally scheduled 45 levels were released on Friday 16th. The latest level is currently 13.450 on mobile devices. The pinned discussion was updated on Friday 16th too. No doubts about the numbers displayed this time: I can also see my Soda friends are already there 👍️

To be honest, from your comment I don't quite understand if you reached the end of the map right now.

If you're not at the end of the map because you intend to wait for more levels, then all is well and I wish you good luck for your next challenges.

If you're at the end of the map today, Monday 19th, and you're currently stuck with 13.405 on a mobile device and with no more levels available then it would seem your app needs to reconnect to the servers to be up to date.

Please try to play any level + close and open the app a few times to see if the game map refreshes. Let me know if you're still stuck with 13.405. Thanks

In any case, I hope I was able to answer you question.

• pattisw
    pattisw Posts: 32 Level 2

I havent been able to play soda on my tablet for 3 weeks now.I never get enough lives weekly to catch up to the windows version. I wish you would just release all the levels on all devices and let us have fun

• kimgail

Hi Kitty_Pitty,

My mistake! Sorry, I checked “what is the latest….” discussion and saw that it gave the day of the week as “Wednesday”, I skipped over the date (16th) and then even though the levels say 13450 I read that as 13405, which was the total on the Wednesday the 14th, unfortunately I sometimes transpose numbers like that. That’s funny because I was an accountant before I retired in 2008, probably why I was always checking my calculations 2 or 3 times. I will endeavor to be more careful reading the totals in the future. Thanks for your help Kim

• kimgail

Hi Kitty_Pitty,

I was wondering if you know if I can create another account and start playing Candy Crush without losing the progress I have made to date. I have another email address but I’m not sure if I can have two users on one iPad. What if my wife or one of my grandkids wanted to play on my iPad. Please let me know. Thanks Kim

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?