Why Can't I Get Past Level 719?

Tranterbleu
Tranterbleu Posts: 439 Level 3

I think there is a glitch in the game for those playing via Windows on PC. I was on level 719 a super hard level to help the jelly bear reach the magic portal, which I did 3 times, each time as soon as the bear dives into the portal the game shuts down. This has been very annoying as you you can imagine as I've completed this level, 3 times, lost my winning streak of 35, lost 10 gold bars and puts me back a few places in a race which I was winning. Another player has been able to overtake me as they are now on level 725, so whatever platform they are playing on they have had no trouble with level 719. Or maybe I'm not really racing against another player... Please help me get out of this Soda Crush version of Groundhog Day!

Best Answer

• Tranterbleu
    Answer ✓

Thank you again @DieOmimi I managed to work out the issue and I think this is some advice for anyone playing via Windows.

When your monthly PC update is due, some apps are disabled or runs slow. Go into your settings and select update and security and start updating your PC early.

Sadly, I learned the hard way. Thanks to my PC needing its update Windows closed the app.

Everyday is indeed a school day…

All the best @DieOmimi! 😀

Answers

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 40,284 Friends Moderator

Hi @Tranterbleu warm welcome to our community at Candy Crush Soda Saga.

Please follow our standard bug fixes:
    Updates: Make sure you have the latest game and device updates
    Memory: Do you have sufficient memory on your device? King recommend having at least 2GB free. If you have less than this be sure to free up some memory to enable the game to run as smoothly as possible.
    Cache:
    Clear cache in Android: go to settings - tap on apps - tap on candy crush soda - tap on storage - tap on clear cache (not data!)
    Clear Cache (iOS): Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > The game > Offload App.
    Restart: Sometimes, restarting the game can clear any temporary glitches. Force close all open apps and restart your device. Leave it switched off for at least 10 seconds, then turn it on again.
    Connection: If possible, try switching the connection between mobile data and a Wi-Fi connection. In case you have a stable Wi-Fi, please prefer it and turn off your mobile data.
    I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any help.

Have a nice day. 💦

• Tranterbleu
    edited July 9

Hi @DieOmimi Thank you very much. All fine on my end. I've also noticed somebody else have been having the same problem as me. That bear refuses to go down that portal! Thanks again.

• DieOmimi
  • Tranterbleu
    Answer ✓

Thank you again @DieOmimi I managed to work out the issue and I think this is some advice for anyone playing via Windows.

When your monthly PC update is due, some apps are disabled or runs slow. Go into your settings and select update and security and start updating your PC early.

Sadly, I learned the hard way. Thanks to my PC needing its update Windows closed the app.

Everyday is indeed a school day…

All the best @DieOmimi! 😀

• DieOmimi

Hi @Tranterbleu thanks for the tips. I also play on a Windows device (Win11) and my device is set so that the updates are automatic. When a system update is due, I notice it by the "noise". My laptop then starts to "pant", as if I have many applications open at the same time. When I hear this noise, I close all applications (usually it's just the browser I'm using in the community). When the sound is no longer audible, I go to the start button and see if the device needs to be restarted so that the system updates can be completed.
    Sometimes, however, the device restarts by itself and I only notice it because I have to log in to the device again.

I'm glad to hear that everything is fine with you now. All the best for you too. 😘

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?