We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

[Fixed] My Gameplay Area is Smaller on Android/iOS 🤖🤏

LoFiGummy
LoFiGummy Posts: 1,759 Community Manager
edited September 5 in Support

Update 2: September 4th - Updated Released

Hey again! We've now released an update to Soda which adjusts the size of the gameplay area of the levels, please update to the latest version of Soda to be able to play with the new size again.

Thank you to everyone who posted their feedback and thoughts on the forum and in this thread to help the studio continue to make Soda a better game!

Previous Text:

Update 1: August 26th - Planned Update

Hi there everyone! The studio has heard players loud and clear, and are working on an update to optimize the size of the board in the game so that you can clearly see and play on the device of your choice.

I want to thank all of you for your feedback and honest opinions on this matter - and for helping the studio to improve the game and experience of Soda! 🐻🙌

Hello Soda fans!

We've seen a few reports of players noting that the gameplay area in levels being smaller than usual. The reasoning for this change is to ensure that all levels are properly visible and so that you as a player can see the goals of the level.

However, if you have feedback on this change, please feel free to post your thoughts and constructive in this thread, as we'd like to hear what you think about it.

When sharing your feedback, it's very helpful if you can also share your Player ID as well as what device you play on!

Comments

• DanishWolf
    DanishWolf Posts: 139 Level 3
    edited August 22

It started in level 12105, and at level 12112 it's still there. The size of each square in my game has shrunk so it's around 1x1 cm in size, rather than maybe 1.2x1.2cm. Instead of the game filling out the screen, there is like an inch on each side of free space. The booster line is normal sized still. I know it's not a big diff per square, but it's still a significant difference in total.

Is this just a line of levels where the levels are too big for normal screen, is there a game glitch, or has something been changed with the new update?

I don't like this smaller size game, so unless it's just temporarily for some levels, how can I make it larger again? I have lost two games now, because the squares are smaller and I miss-clicked a move

• sotxtigger
    sotxtigger Posts: 19 Level 2
    edited August 21

Why did my game size shrink on my android tablet? everything is is fine and maintained the same size including the game home screen. It is only when I start playing any level the playing that the area shrunk to about 1/3 of its original size. Help?

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 40,288 Friends Moderator
    edited August 22

Hi @sotxtigger warm welcome to our community at Candy Crush Friends Saga. 🔍️

Please follow our standard bug fixes:
    Updates: Make sure you have the latest game and device updates
    Memory: Do you have sufficient memory on your device? King recommend having at least 2GB free. If you have less than this be sure to free up some memory to enable the game to run as smoothly as possible.
    Cache:
    Clear cache in Android: go to settings - tap on apps - tap on candy crush soda - tap on storage - tap on clear cache (not data!)
    Clear Cache (iOS): Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > The game > Offload App.
    Restart: Sometimes, restarting the game can clear any temporary glitches. Force close all open apps and restart your device. Leave it switched off for at least 10 seconds, then turn it on again.
    Connection: If possible, try switching the connection between mobile data and a Wi-Fi connection. In case you have a stable Wi-Fi, please prefer it and turn off your mobile data.

• sotxtigger
    edited August 22

Hello @DieOmimi. Thank you for your reply.

I do have the most recent update. I checked.

Plenty of memory available 9 GB free.

Cache cleared.

Restarted several times.

My tablet is connected to Wi-Fi only. I do not have mobile data on it.

Any other ideas? I have attached a copy of my screen. You can clearly see how small the playing area is. My table is only 8". Imagine how tiny that area is. thanks for your help.

• sotxtigger
    edited August 22

Hello @DieOmimi

I appreciate your suggestions. I have the most recent update. I have 9GB of memory remaining, I cleared my cache file and restarted the device several times. This table is wi-fi only I do not have mobile data. I've included a picture as well so you can see how tiny the playing area is on an 8" tablet. Any other suggestions would be most helpful Thank you!

• DieOmimi
    edited August 22

Hello @sotxtigger please post some screenshots so we can see how you see your game on tablet. I'm playing on a Lenovo Android tablet and haven't noticed any changes in size (it looks the same for me).
    Please tell us which tablet (brand, model, version) you are using. We will then report it to the studio so that it can be investigated.
    I know that my colleague @MountainMom has a tablet where the display of the game is also not correct. It's in another King game, but we know that there are some devices where the boards are not properly visible. Therefore, we need to know what device it is.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• DieOmimi
    edited August 22

Oh, I just see that your game is Candy Crush Soda Saga. You are here in Candy Crush Friends Saga.
    Let me notify my relevant colleagues so they can help you, @Yosca
    @Palash_Sarma @Princess_Jessica

Also, I will ask a manager to move your question to the correct forum.
    Thank you for your patience.

• Lildaisy334
    Lildaisy334 Posts: 1 Newbie

Version: 1.275.2

Device: Galaxy Tablet A7 Lite

Level: 3783

I woke up this morning and played level 3783 is was as big as my screen when i played i went to woke and turned it on it was small. ive tried deleting it, clearing the cache, restarting my device, looked and seen i had the latest version to my knowledge. My eyes hurt after a long day so it being big helps. Im involded with most of the events yall have and ive put money into it.. so please help me fix this ASAP. thank you so so much

Screenshot:

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 12,654 Friends Moderator
    edited August 22

Hello @sotxtigger. You are not alone. My sister plays on an Alcatel JOY TAB Model 9029W and she is also experiencing her Soda playing area shrinking after starting a level. She plays on this Android device and her other King games play normally.

• Myho
    Myho Posts: 8 Level 2
    edited August 22

I have the same problem since this morning. Don't like it at all. How can we change this back?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?