New Feature: Social Hub 👫

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 25,430 Sweet Legend

@LadyRaffie @Pitty_Kitty

Thanks pitty. I got this new function today and I'm happy about it. There were initial problems with inflicting the players. I noticed that I wasn't on the list myself. I would like that. I would like to see my profile myself. I don't know exactly when I started playing. I would have liked to have known that. Could you include your own profile? Question: Can you also add your own name for the team?

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited December 2021

Hello @Spinnifix thank you for replying

I'm not on my list of friends either. I guess the reason is that I, the player, can't send a life to myself since players send lives to others in that friends list and the Studio thought it was simpler that way.

You can see your own profile, however. You can either find your picture in the list of members playing in your team or click your picture over the map like this:

"Question: Can you also add your own name for the team?"

probably the translator is not translating very well that sentence 😅 I don't understand it, sorry

Maybe:

• would you like to change the name of your team? I'm not sure but I would think only team owners can do that or create a new team with a different name
    • would you like to add your team members to your friends list?
  • Spinnifix
    edited December 2021

@Pitty_Kitty

Hello pitty

I got it new today and I don't have a team name. The players somehow add themselves here. I have no idea where to find this team. You can't enter a team name here and I'm not in there either.

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited December 2021

Ok I'm beginning to understand now. So 2 new features appeared in your game: Social Hub and Soda Team and one was confused with another in the other thread. Let's try and make some clarity 😀

Social Hub: it's the icon circled in red.

• You click on it and a list of friends appear. You can personalize your list by adding or removing friends as you please
    • You can add known friends with a temporary code, known as Social Hub code.
    • You can also add random friends you happen to play with, in events like: episode race, weekly contest, "4 in a row". Just click on the pictures to send a request and wait for it to be accepted.
    • Your friends from your friends list cannot be transferred to your Soda team, so they can't be your team members. Situation is not the same the other way around, which means: your team members can be transferred to your friends list. You just click on their pictures and click "add friend" and wait for the request to be accepted.

Soda Team: it's the icon circled in yellow.

• You can join a team or create your own team
    • You can create a team. First off, open the feature and then click "team". Then click the blue settings icon (step 1 in the picture). Click the purple button "leave" to leave the current team and then you should be able to create your own team. After that you can return to this thread and share your team code (step 3) with other community members so they can join your team. Alternatively, you can share a link on the forum to invite known friends (step 2) instead of giving them a team code. You choose the method.
    • You can join a team. You should be able to click "search" (step 4) if you're looking for a random team. If you wish to join a customized team, you can still click "leave" to leave the current team. Then you should be able to enter the team code given by a team owner to join his customized team.

The team code and the Social Hub code serve different purposes. That's why I initially thought you shared your Social Hub code in a thread about joining teams by mistake. 😅

Does this answer your question? 😀

• Spinnifix

Hello pitty

I had the soda quad at the very beginning. Then it was removed. I've never received it since. I had signed up for it 3 times and since I've been here for over 2 years I haven't received it. I also don't have a BGH and Edelkrone event. I just have the Frosty event and now Soda Social. That's all.

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited December 2021

@Spinnifix

I understand but I replied to this comment of yours, which referred to the term team and made me think you're having problems with Team feature:

I got it new today and I don't have a team name. The players somehow add themselves here. I have no idea where to find this team. You can't enter a team name here and I'm not in there either.

But looking at your map, team feature is clearly not the issue here. So, I'll try guessing your problem with Social Hub

If people are appearing in your friends list from nowhere it's because you shared publicly your Social Hub code and whoever sees your code, enters you code and joins your list. Once they added you, it's done and it's not necessary to reciprocate and add their codes in exchange: you'll see a error message because the app is communicating that they're already on your list.

If players are trying to add you to their lists without using a code, you'll see a notification and a request from people asking you to accept or refuse their friendship request.

But with the use of codes, the feature adds players to the list without notifying you because it assumes you already know who you gave your code to. So the app doesn't say if the adding process was successful or not. Which I agree is not helpful.

You can remove people from your list too. Click on the picture, click the button showing 3 dots and click "remove".

You'll see a error message also in case the code you're trying to add has expired. The code lasts 24 hours and then changes. So the code needs to be given again by the owner.

Am I getting close to the problem?

• namal_butt_01
    namal_butt_01 Posts: 1,936 Level 4

Add me guyz

Code # 824304147

• Spinnifix

Hello pitty

What you write is completely the opposite of what happens to me. There is nothing public and nothing private. I shared this code here in the community. Players come from somewhere and I don't even know them and are in without my doing anything. Somehow everything sounds very strange here and there are two types of this function. Sorry.

• Pitty_Kitty

Well, don't be sorry. I'm sorry my message couldn't come across.

What you just said is not the opposite of what I said. Your words are actually agreeing with what I said it's happening to you and us.

But I can see why this feature mechanism is strange to you. You're entitled to your tastes and feelings and I don't dispute that.

Since we're struggling to understand each other, I suggest you contact Player Support from the game. They're likely able to give you a better answer than I did.

Good luck and Happy Holidays of course😀

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?