Bubblegum Hill temporarily removed due to technical issues

Xarly
Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
edited February 2019 in Support
Hi everyone,

On Sunday at 1:13PM (CET) we realised that the new Bubblegum Hill was causing a very high crash rate. This means that many players could not play the game due to it. Because of that, we decided to remove the event and it will not appear for now, until we solve the issue.

The rest of Candy Crush Soda is running well, but for now, Bubblegum Hill is no longer available, in order for us to work on the fix and make it come back stronger than ever.

We are sorry for all the inconvenience this might have caused. I will update the thread with any news.

Thanks for the patience,
Xarly

Comments

• Greg_Farley
    Greg_Farley Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited February 2019
    Bubblegum Hill will say it has several hours left, but then disappears, not to be found again. I make sure my app is updated to latest version. I reload many times. But Bubblegum Hill still will not reappear. This has happened 4 or 5 times in past few months.
  • jlynnb23
    jlynnb23 Posts: 61 Level 3
    @Xarly is there any sort of timeline of when it will be back on? I finally have some time off of work to play and of course it's not on. So frustrating.....
  • daisymama5
    daisymama5 Posts: 12 Level 2
    Thanks for the update! Do you have any estimate of how long it will be down?
  • Xarly
    jlynnb23 said:
    @Xarly is there any sort of timeline of when it will be back on? I finally have some time off of work to play and of course it's not on. So frustrating.....
    Hey @jlynnb23,

I'm sorry the timing was so unfortunate! Right now the team is looking into it and I'm afraid I don't have a specific timeline since these issues can take time (finding the mistake, testing it in different builds to guarantee it's not reproducing again and then shipping it to all of the players can sometimes be a long process). All I can tell you is that we're working our hardest to make sure it's out as soon as possible :smile:.

In the meanwhile, you can always keep playing the normal levels or jump onto any of other Candy Crush Saga games!

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • jlynnb23
    jlynnb23 Posts: 61 Level 3
    @Xarly thank you for the response. Unfortunately I am all caught up on the normal levels so I have nothing to play at this point. The other King games don't interest me so much any more. I'm really hoping they get this fixed soon!! 
  • Joseph45
    Joseph45 Posts: 1,582 Level 5
    Thanks for the update @Xarly! This is very unfortunate! I really enjoyed Bubblegum Hill! I sure hope this gets fixed soon! Keep working hard! You guys are great at this! 
  • omarov
    omarov Posts: 42 Level 2
    Still nothing for me and I am already finished level 2905 so nothing to do 😞
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,585 Soda Moderator
    I’m bored... Last week finished all levels, can’t do anything. I really hope you guys will fix it pretty soon.
  • Lena_Lena
    Lena_Lena Posts: 48 Level 2
    edited February 2019
    omarov said:
    Still nothing for me and I am already finished level 2905 so nothing to do 😞
    Me too. 😞
  • Xarly
    edited February 2019
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and patience! The team has been working hard and have identified the issue. Because of its complexity, the estimation for a fix (and with that the return of Bubblegum Hill) is of 10 days since its cancellation. This means we are aiming at getting it back (and working hard on it right now) by the 20th of February or so.

It's not a concrete day but, in order to be transparent with you, we want to give you a proper estimation. We understand that this is not ideal, and we are more than sorry for the issue but I am sure you will understand that, given that the event does not work well as it is now (causing crashes to many players), we needed to make such a decision.

Again, apologies from us and thanks for the patience. I'll be around to inform you with any new updates about it and collect any of your feedback.

Cheers,
    Xarly
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?