What's your experience when you ran out of moves? - We want your feedback!

Options

Comments

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I haven't vanished whatsoever and I keep reading your comments and collecting the feedback. I am just busy and often caught up with multiple projects and initiatives that always involve our players.

That said, I want to take the time to thank you all for such extensive and elaborated feedback. It really helps us understand you all better and work on upcoming features and content in a way that satisfies the majority of our players (which is a very difficult to do when you literally face hundreds of millions a month).

Again, there is no rigged mechanism but a matter of chance and skill (along with whatever boosters you choose to use, if you choose to use any). I know of levels where I've been stuck for weeks and friends of mine passed on the first attempt. I understand that this can be frustrating to experience but chance and luck are not fair or unfair by its own definition.

Happy to keep having the conversation with you all, but please understand that I can't come as often as I wish I could. Do not worry though, I keep on reading what you have to say.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Mark_Adcock
    Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Ooooh, I have just reached my first "Ultra Hard" level. Now, let me guess ... the super imaginative developers have taken a previously easy level, added a load of blockers, reduced the moves by about 20 and called it ultra hard?!?! 

And let me guess ... the only feasible way to clear it is to combine a colour bomb and colouring candy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Next they will fill the whole grid with blockers, reduce the moves by 50, leaving you with 5 moves to clear it, and call it [EDITED by CM: Breaks the Community Guidelines]
  • avguy2
    avguy2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    From my experience, your skill doesn't mean much. If the levels were beatable by skill mostly, you wouldn't get stuck. Also the difficulty rating of a level doesn't mean anything. You can get stuck on "easy" levels for ages. You can breeze through "ultra hard" levels on the first try (with boosters from "rainbow road" or daily).

It's programmed in a specific way. After being stuck at some point you finally get the right combinations of candy. It's not like solving a puzzle. What it comes down to is luck. It's just chance. And of course the game will make sure you'll never get too lucky. You WILL get stuck again. (That's what they test these levels for I imagine: Do enough players get stuck?)

The game wants you to spend money, so that's why you're getting stuck. At every corner the game is screaming at you to relieve the pain of being stuck with some boosters or extra moves. You run out of moves you get frustrated and I imagine at this point players consider to spend money.

I won't spend cash on this software but obviously enough people do. Running out of moves is more annoying since you get that message that 400,112 people bought more moves. I won't buy moves. Or boosters. You can stop trying so hard, King!

What I'm thinking when I run out of moves? "You won't trick me into spending cash, King!"

• Mark_Adcock
    Options

Next they will fill the whole grid with blockers, reduce the moves by 50, leaving you with 5 moves to clear it, and call it [EDITED by CM: Breaks the Community Guidelines]
    Censured for saying the game was not worth logging in to and was nonsense? My, what a bunch of snowflakes.

When beating a level is based ONLY on when a computer program allows you to win, irrespective of what moves you make as it is purely down to that program as to what it fills your screen with after every move, then it stands to reason that it is nonsense.

I don't know how many levels of Soda and Saga there are, but players gain no reward for beating a level, except to move on to the next one and do the same thing all over again, hundreds of times. Shuffle symbols, wait for program to let you pass, wait for that lucky set-up, rinse and repeat. You would be hard pushed to find a more tedious game anywhere else on the Internet. 

Censure that?

• booboo9921
    booboo9921 Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
    I agree, it is nonsense. 
  • Mark_Adcock
    Options
    Oh, I wish I could post a video on here, just to emphasise what I have said all along. Rigged manipulation, to the point it is so stupid it just makes you laugh.

I struggled to complete a so-called easy, regular level (1563). First 10 goes, came nowhere near, sometimes not even making it to the final screen (which required 20 bears in that bit alone). Then, out of nowhere, the laughable "algorithm" kicked in. From being nowhere close, from on one occasion falling 20 bears short, to the level becoming pure child's play with all hell breaking loose, me barely having to think, cleared it with 5 moves remaining, with a score of 1,300,660. 

Fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail ... win with 1.3 million points. Dear, oh dear.

• Mark_Adcock
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Please fix the restart button (PC via Facebook). It no longer works. The game bores me as it is, without forcing me to make 20+ random moves as I can no longer give up without logging out.
  • Wiggles777
    Wiggles777 Posts: 78 Level 3
    Options
    My go to answer is hammers as I have a ton.  Sometimes it takes 10 gold and some hammers, but never more than 10 bars..  Someone said you can watch ads for moves but it doesn’t show on my iPad (Ad Blocker maybe?)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?