Episode Race - We want your Feedback!

Xarly
Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
edited May 2019 in Discussions
Hi everyone,
We would love to know more about what you think of Episode Race!

In order to improve, we need your feedback! That's why we would love to know more about what you think of Episode Race.

What is your opinion on Episode Race?

Please do not hesitate to leave your opinion below, and to complete this quick survey about the feature.

To thank you for your participation and for helping us, we will be granting 20 Gold Bars to 5 of those completing the survey! Please leave a comment below if you have so that we can consider you as a candidate. Note that the winners will be random and that all feedback is welcome (constructive and negative feedback around the feature is also welcome and also gets you chances of winning the gold bars. We want you to be honest when helping us)

We will announce the winners on Friday next week (7th of June) at 15.00 CET.

Cheers,
King Team

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,638 Sweet Legend
    @Xarly how are you going to be able to announce the winners?  Can you see the names on the survey?
  • RegalRenz
    RegalRenz Posts: 8,494 Sweet Legend
    edited May 2019
    I like the episode race and the prize but there's one thing I have a problem with. I hate the fact that I'm not able to choose when I want to start the race. I'm basically thrown into one then I'm forced to play levels to win or I risk losing. Change it so that the race doesn't start until AFTER I've played the first level in the episode similar to what Candy Crush Saga does.
    PS. I completed the survey.
  • Joseph45
    Joseph45 Posts: 1,582 Level 5
    Just submitted mine @Xarly! I like this feature in the sense that it provides a friendly competition towards your fellow King players, it’s a chance to win gold, and that you can choose to go at your own pace if your so choose. However, some of the things I would change would be a way to turn it off if you don’t want to participate on a certain occasion. I always wish that it wouldn’t be so much pressure to get to the top, rather than relaxing (but hey, this is a competition😉). Well, that my feedback! I hope it was helpful! 
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,585 Soda Moderator
    edited May 2019
    I think the prices are too low. Now numbers 1, 2 and 3 get a prize and the winner 5 gold bars, which is really low. Why not everyone receive a reward in boosters? Number 1 gets the most and number 5 the least. Preferably not the regular lollipop. And boosters that you can place in the inventory, so that you can use them if you really need them. Perhaps you could also change prices every week.

Btw I did the survey ;)
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Thank you all for your input both here and in the survey!

@Elsa:

we will be granting 20 Gold Bars to 5 of those completing the survey! Please leave a comment below if you have so that we can consider you as a candidate.
    As stated there, those commenting here that they did the survey (or commenting to provide feedback) will be considered candidates for the giveaway of the 20 Gold Bars :smile:. Cheers, Xarly
  • Mahlako
    Mahlako Posts: 18 Level 2
    I wish King would reward players who are further in the game with more gold... I am at level 2500, and those levels are hard. Come on make it ten, five and three.
  • LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    edited May 2019
    Yosca said:
    I think the prices are too low. Now numbers 1, 2 and 3 get a prize and the winner 5 gold bars, which is really low. Why not everyone receive a reward in boosters? Number 1 gets the most and number 5 the least. Preferably not the regular lollipop. And boosters that you can place in the inventory, so that you can use them if you really need them. Perhaps you could also change prices every week.

Btw I did the survey ;)
    I was going to suggest something similar :) It would be great to either win a booster or perhaps have a booster be activated upon starting the race (to help you win the levels). I would also like to suggest that when we are prompted to start the race, there could be a decline button. Sometimes I begin a new "episode" right before I'm going to log off. If I'm not actually playing, then the competition gets miles ahead of me. It would be nice to wait and begin racing when I actually start the first new level in the sequence.
  • Eiliesha_Jarman
    Eiliesha_Jarman Posts: 213 Pro Player 👑
  • BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    I like the race, but because of how difficult the levels are now I can only finish a couple levels in one sitting. It takes me at least two to three days to finish an entire episode and because of this I rarely make it into third place.
    I also do not like how as soon as I cross the finish line of one race I am thrust into another. I agree with @RegalRenz that it would be nice if the episode races didn't start until AFTER you have played the first level of the episode. I usually cross the finish line with only a few minutes left on my boosters, so when the next race starts I have no chance of keeping up with the other players.
    Overall the chance of winning some gold bars for completing levels is enticing, so I think you should keep it! :)
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 31,638 Candy Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Hello @Xarly,  I have submitted my Survey :+1: 

I could not fill 3 things that I "Dislike" about it!!!  Because, I only have one thing that I do not like -- NOT ABLE to turn it off or Skip the Race.  I usually, take a break after finishing an episode to collect all the used boosters.  But, as soon as I enter into a new episode, it automatically puts me into the Race and because I did not participate till when I can, it tells me that I lost!!!   

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?