Easy levels!!!🤔

Options
Mahlako
Mahlako Posts: 18 Level 2
Is it me, or do some of the easy levels seem to be much more difficult than the hard and super hard levels? Or I'm i missing something here 😐

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,769 Sweet Legend
    Options
    I already noticed. Just never said anything.
  • BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    Options
    I have come across this as well. Of course, all levels are exceptionally hard to pass nowadays if you do not have at least one major booster going.
    I think they might rate the difficulty of a level based on how many players manage to pass it on their first try, but I really have no idea how they collect that data.
  • Spinnifix
    Options
    I do not believe that. Because you can not predict how the particular game comes to be done. Once it comes in the second attempt and the other times after weeks. This has nothing to do with the level, but how the game comes. It also depends on how the player plays it. Sometimes you do not see a good move. Play another who will not finish the game. But it's true, the saga makes it very clear that every level is heavy. I am at 721 and have long been without a booster.
  • Mahlako
    Mahlako Posts: 18 Level 2
    Options
    Nah that's not it @Spinnifix i am sure of that, i am at level 2570, i once lost all my boosters I've collected...the game gets harder especially if you loose on your first attempt.. some easy levels are bad ass take note.
  • Raul_Edgemere
    Raul_Edgemere Posts: 13 Level 2
    Options
    I seem to have more trouble with the "easy" levels as well.  As you can see in the thread I started, I think that the probabilities are tweaked based on how much $ the player has paid. It would be hard to prove this but it is also hard to falsify (devs would have to show me the code of the app on my device and compare it to other devices, which would never happen).  If they are using player data to determine whether a level is "easy" or "hard", in order for that to mean anything they would have to compare players who are using the same number and types of boosters. 
    There are other ways that the designers can slow down players that they want to slow down: not letting them see ads for boosters (which is currently in effect in my case) and manipulating the frequencies of certain kinds of free boosters.  For example, in a number of recent levels, the fish booster would have been by far the most useful.  But this booster has only been rarely given.  That could be chance, but the longer this goes on, the more likely this is a designed manipulation, not chance.
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Hey everyone,

As @BeckyBubblegum guessed, our difficulties are based on the success rate that players have beating the level. There are certain thresholds that I cannot disclose but that basically determine the difficulty of the level. Depending on the amount of players passing the level, the difficulty will be determined.

It is not based on money or any strange mechanic. Sometimes "easy" levels can be hard if you are unlucky with the first boards or if your strategies aren't working as expected. That doesn't mean that the general perception (of millions playing it) is equivalent to yours. It's based on general behaviour, which is why it sometimes might not correlate with your personal experience with that level.

Hope these insights made sense to you :smile:.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • Spinnifix
    Options
    @Xarly

I do not know. either I am the one who can not understand it or it is something else. Because I'm not clear what you mean. I am playing FARM HEROS now and I have been hanging at the previous level for a long time. It was just rubbed out. I was at a difficult level now and made it on the second try. I really do not understand the mindset for every level. Especially with soda, as I hung at each level for a long time. If I could do it right away, I would be through the saga without a booster. That's how I understand it. Something is incomprehensible here.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?