Changed levels, changed game

Comments

• Pickles123
    Pickles123 Posts: 111 Level 2
    The point of the game, as it is now, is to frustrate you, to frustrate you into buying boosters.

The game is a scam, Activision need to recoup the 6 billion they paid for it.
    DONT BUY BOOSTERS !!!

A good read.....
    https://www.gameskinny.com/1b054/candy-crush-represents-everything-thats-wrong-with-mobile-gaming
  • queen_candy61whester
    queen_candy61whester Posts: 201 Level 3
    I want the million booster.
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    @Yosca totally agree!  And so many of the new changes are more cosmetic than meaningful.  
  • Buglady
    Buglady Posts: 30 Kingster
    Hi! As a developer in the Soda team, I just wanted to thank you all for taking the time to write such well-formulated and extensive comments! Please keep them coming!  I'm not able to address all of your feedback right now, I just wanted to assure you that the developers are listening and reading the forum even if we rarely expose ourselves. ;) Xarly and his colleagues are a great help too, they do talk to us a lot about your concerns. 

PS, we're developers but also players and people at the same time. And I don't think we're more than average level of evil. ;););)
  • Pickles123
    Pickles123 Posts: 111 Level 2
    Buglady, you’re definitely not evil. 
    You're just under orders from your greedy paymasters, we get that. Nobody blames the devs for ruining this game and making it all about the ££££s, that’s Activision.
    You're just a puppet, a blameless one. 
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,587 Soda Moderator
    @Buglady Nice to know you  :) I hope you can explain something to me. Why has it been decided that usually only time boosters are given? Many have lost the Quests and therefore we no longer have the possibility to save boosters. This makes the game less fun, because the higher the levels, the harder they are. Is it an option to at least save the time boosters? I have always played Soda with great pleasure but lately with the removal of the Quests and the new features in which you depend on your fellow players, the fun is gone.
  • Buglady
    Buglady Posts: 30 Kingster
    edited August 2019
    Hi @Yosca!
    I wasn't involved in that particular decision so I don't have the answer for it but I can try to ask around a bit. I know that saving timed booster is a suggestions that's been brought up before so maybe it can be reality in the future. 

For my personal experience playing Soda, I try to stack boosters by always using the (free) Mystery machine when available + fulfilling my daily tasks in Mr. Toffee's Fair. I believe that the old quests maybe were seen as more rewarding because players could win them even without actively trying sometimes, getting at least some irregular booster income. Mr. Toffee's Fair requires more involvement from the player, it's true. This is just my personal theories that I picked up from interviewing players. 

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,587 Soda Moderator
    @Buglady Thanks for responding. What’s the Mystery machine? Never had this and I play Soda many years. And Social bingo? Don’t have it or do you mean Mr Toffee Fair?  With that you sometimes win a free booster but you depend on fellow players who are often not very active or just block. I am a very active player, playing in the highest levels but I am as good as through my free boosters that I could earn with Quests. So nothing to stock  :(
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    I have seen Mr Toffee referred to as social bingo a few times and  the mystery machine is the free booster every 48 hours. It used to be on the main screen as a candy machine now you have to go to the purchase area and select free booster.
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    @Buglady I just want to thank you for taking time to read the discussions and offering some insights into the development process.  

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?