🏆 Show off your Soda skills, claim level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000 // 8000 // 9000 // 10 000 // 11 000 // 12 000 // 13 000 // 14 000

Greetings, from a level designer

Options
Lilaq
Lilaq Posts: 28 Kingster

Hi everyone!
I’m Lilaq, a level Designer in the Candy Crush Soda Game  <3

I started at King almost a year ago, I’ve been taking a peek into the forum regularly and been wanting to interact with you for a long time. I have background in player support and really miss having conversations directly with the players.

I love games, my favorite games to play are the ones I can enjoy with my friends, or that has fun puzzles and interesting narratives. 

How long have you been playing Soda? 

Comments

• candycrushinit
    candycrushinit Posts: 12,600 Level 5
    Options
    Hello @Lilaq. Nice seeing you here 🤗

I have been playing Soda for about 2 1/2 years now. I’m now on level 2344, getting through all those hard levels with timed boosters I earn from events. I tried so hard without buying boosters and/or extra moves to pass those hard levels. On some I get stuck for a few days. It takes a lot of skill, and a little luck to figure out on how you’ll pass every level. 

I play Bubblegum Hill to earn extra gold and lollipops. The levels were hard, but I completed them all with boosters. I only earn little gold after a while before someone else takes my spot and I am no longer ruler. Now I don’t have it anymore. Instead I have the Episode Race & Mr. Toffee’s Fair, which both seem a bit useless when it comes to prizes. I just wish I have Soda Squad right now. 😔

For the Episode Race, I try to manage my time completing as many levels as I can to reach the finish before everyone else. Usually, I ended up being last because I have been stuck on a level for days and I just can’t seem to pass it. When I have active boosters, it makes it a lot easier to pass through a whole lotta levels and finish in 1st. I earn 5 gold when I finished 1st. It is not enough gold for me to buy anything. I have to win every single race to earn a great amount of gold, which takes a lot of time and boosters to pass through that many levels. It is annoying for me not awarding enough gold for anyone who really need it badly. 

I really don’t like the team quests for how my teammates just really don’t work for me or if they work ahead of me that they get the job done quickly and everyone but me will get rewards. It’s the same for Mr. Toffee’s Fair—for when I try to complete a task, someone else ticks a different tile and finishes the board, leaving everyone but me with rewards. Or when I already completed my 2 tasks for the day and I only need 2 more to win, my teammates try to complete the tasks I need. Unfortunately, they keep taking longer than I expected to be. While they were finishing up the tasks, I go and pick a different task that is easier to complete and I already did it quickly. After I came back a few days, the tasks weren’t completed! My teammates were just not active due to busy work, emergency business, or they just simply don’t want to do it which is a shame for them if the board was finished, they will not get their rewards. I am just the only one who gets to do all the hard work for them and earn the rewards for myself. Please replace this with Soda Squad as it’ll make it a lot easier for me to earn rewards. 

I found the community and thought this was the perfect place to interact with other players and earn extra gold and boosters. I became friends with the legends and Superstars and participated in contests to compete for the biggest scores or play fun little games for little gold. I’ve been busy helping others who have joined the community and need technical support. I became a Game Expert a few weeks ago and I thought, Wow, I have been accepted as game expert in my favorite game. I’m so happy for myself that I could stuff a ton of marshmallows in my mouth right now

Have you been designing new levels for other players recently? Are there any levels you can fix? 

Thanks for making us these Sodalicious levels. I appreciate all your hard work. I hope you are having a great day today. Have a thirst-quenching Thursday! 🥤😊
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Welcome aboard @Lilaq , it's awesome to have you around!

Make yourself at home and feel free to talk around with this Community as much as you wish!

They're an awesome crowd with very different personalities each but with a shared passion: Candy Crush Soda :hurrah:.

Looking forward to seeing you around and working together!
    Xarly
  • Lilaq
    Options
    Hi @candycrushinit ! Nice to meet you  :) Congratulations on becoming a Game Expert! 
    It glads me to hear that you feel that it takes mostly skill to go through the levels as that is what we are aiming for, while still having fun surprises in the game. 

I understand the pain with the race :p I feel like I am always the last one in as well and I never seem to get far in the bubblegum hill but the Rainbow Streak and Soda Squad helps me a lot. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on all the different side events in the game! I've read a lot of the feedback regarding the different events and features we have as well and I hope to be able to strengthen our communication by being here.
    (Might some back with some follow-up questions regarding Mr toffee's fair, I'm waiting for some info and things to check in on first.  :( )

I've seen people using different methods of getting their quests/missions and rewards, do you find yourself re-visiting older levels a lot for those as well or are the features you use aimed towards clearing new levels? 
    Out of all the different events you've experienced during your years playing the game, which one did you feel was your favorite?

My team and I design new levels on a daily basis! I don't do levels outside of Soda but it happens that other level designers helps out and makes levels for other people and games as well. One of my other main tasks is also to improve previous levels that are released, everything can always get better! And I've used some information from here to look into them as well. 
  • Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,706 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hello Howdy!

I have been playing King.com for many years. With soda I had stopped once, because I did not get any further. I was still a PC player. Now on the tablet it is very fast.

All is well.

Greetings from Germany. ♥

• Spinnifix
    Options
    @Lilaq

Now that everything is going so well for me, I can only play soda! It is fun.
  • Spinnifix
    Options
    @Lilaq

For me it would have been nice to change level 721 at the beginning of the year. Since I was really a long time as a PC player. Right despair. Now I am summarizing 2000.

• Lilaq
    Options
    Xarly said:
    Welcome aboard @Lilaq , it's awesome to have you around!

Make yourself at home and feel free to talk around with this Community as much as you wish!

They're an awesome crowd with very different personalities each but with a shared passion: Candy Crush Soda :hurrah:.

Looking forward to seeing you around and working together!
    Xarly
    Thank you so much for the welcoming and your support!  <3 Happy to be here!

Spinnifix said:
    @Lilaq

For me it would have been nice to change level 721 at the beginning of the year. Since I was really a long time as a PC player. Right despair. Now I am summarizing 2000.

Hi @Spinnifix nice to meet you :D I'm happy to hear that you are back in the Soda game. I'm happy to tell you that the level has already been looked into so hopefully that wish has already been granted! 
  • Spinnifix
    Options
    Hello @Lilaq

I had the picture of 721 deposited somewhere. It was also seen that I was still on the PC. Now I do not care about the 721. I'm at over 1700 and touches 1800. Thanks. I was very excited about the level at the beginning of the year. Everything was there. Everything soda had to offer. All colors and heaps of blockers and licorice and so on. Only I will not play it again even if it has been improved now. No thanks. Only if a contest would be to improve the level with points. Then yes.
  • LizzyLemondrop
    LizzyLemondrop Posts: 805 Level 5
    Options
    This is my second year playing Soda =) It's currently my only King game.
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @Lilaq and welcome to our adorable Community 😊 I am playing Soda for around 2 years but I play a lot of Candy Crush games and my progress is not so advanced, currently on level 834. What level are you on?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?