Special Candies

Lovly2008
Lovly2008 Posts: 13 Level 2
I am finding the games impossible to beat, as the special candies keep bursting as soon as I make them.  There are suppose to be 3 in a row, right?  Also, before I could beat them with one extra turn.  Now they all seem to need 3 extra turns.  What's going on?

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,558 Sweet Legend
    ☺Hi there!☺

I would suggest you. Uninstall and install your app. The boosters will be lost, you must be aware of this.

After installing, please update the app and clear the cache. Then it should work. I hope it helps.

Otherwise, get back, please.

Good luck

♥♥♥
  • BeckyBubblegum
    BeckyBubblegum Posts: 536 Level 5
    edited January 2020
    Hi, @Lovly2008! Welcome to the Community Forums! 😀
    Are the special candies you are referring to the Stripped and Wrapped candies? If so, than yes, you can set those off purposefully by combining one with two other candies of the same color in a row. However, they will also go off unintentionally if more than two candies of the same color land beside them, or if another booster on your board activates them.
    As far as the second part of your question, I do not know what you mean by an "extra turn". Are you talking about the 5 extra moves you can purchase to try and finish a level?
  • Lovly2008
    Yes, the 5 extra turns.  I know what it takes to break the candies and how to put together the stripes and wrapped etc. But the game won't let you anymore.  It will break them immediately even though there is no match.  The games are trying to force people to spend money now.  Even the fish no longer go where you need them, instead they will also break your special candies.  I've been playing for years.  I can see the difference.  No longer enjoyable.
  • Lovly2008
    Also, I'm suddenly always out of lives.  I used to be able to play for hours but it seems I'm no longer getting lives from friends.  I play less than 5 minutes now and I'm done.  No more moves.  I guess it wants me to buy that too?  No thanks.
  • BeckyBubblegum
    @Lovly2008, thank you for your feedback! I do understand your frustration. As a rule, I never spend gold on 5 extra moves unless I am absolutely positive I can finish a level. Silly things like a fish not hitting the last target on my board do tend to happen, and the levels have gotten harder to complete without the help of all three boosters. Rest assured, King keeps track of player data to determine the difficulty of a level and they are always making adjustments.
    I'm sorry that I can not offer you any insight as to why the stripped and wrapped candies are behaving the way they are. I haven't had any experience with those particular candies going off without something unintentionally hitting them. Which device are you playing on, Mobile or PC?
  • Lovly2008
    I am playing on the same mobile I've been playing on for the last couple of years, when fish went where you needed them to go and you could make special candies to pair with the spotted ones and the didn't go off until you wanted them too.  Also when your friends would send you lives so you never had yo buy any.
  • BeckyBubblegum
    I have been playing for a little over a year now and I too have noticed a change in the fish. There is a thread in the Ideas section of the Soda community forum that you might be interest in: Flying Fish. You can leave a comment there and vote for King to give us the option to control where the fish go. It is a small step, but if it generates enough support King may consider it.
    As far as your concerns with the candies go, I did some investigating and it appears the problem of special candies and boosters going off without reason has been happening on the sister title Candy Crush Saga for some time. 🤔 It stands to reason Soda Saga may be experiencing the same bug. If you would like Support to do an investigation, I would suggest submitting your user ID, as well as your device details and the game app version you are using. A video of the event occurring would be useful as well, though I can understand how that may be difficult to manage. You can find the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page under the King logo.
    Best wishes! 🙂
  • Lovly2008
    Thank you for your response but I am angry.  At the 1200 level, the games are impossible to win without special candies.  Which means of course, unless you want to play the same game 50 times you're going to spend money.  I don't think there is a glitch in the game, I think it's done purposely.  I no longer think we are playing the games, I think the games are playing us.  Greed, greed everywhere!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?