The Veteran and the Newbie

Options
candysodacrusher
candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3

It’s been just about a year since I joined this community and made my first post. In that year, there have been a lot of changes to the game, some good, and some not so good.

About 4 months ago I got a new device and decided that rather than sync my game to my new device, I would start at the beginning and play the game as a new player would experience it. So, for the past 4 months I’ve been playing as a newbie on an iPad, and continuing the game on my iPhone as a veteran. For the most part, I have the same features and events on both devices and I haven’t had Kimmy’s Arcade or the new Super Lolly on either device. I try to spend about the same amount of time playing each device, to help the comparison. Granted, there wasn’t any learning curve when starting my new game, but as I’m upwards of level 1500 on the new device, I think any learning curve from a true newbie would be long gone. That said, in 4 months, I’ve completed just under 50% of the levels that it took me over 5 years to complete. And oh my, what a different experience it has been. I’m finding the game SIGNIFICANTLY easier for my newbie player, and more difficult for my veteran player. I’ll provide specifics in a separate post.

Comments

• candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Options

Some observations about the events and features in my newbie game vs. my veteran game.

Episode Race: Regularly win it in my newbie game unless I quit playing mid-episode. Veteran game, I have won it a few times, but it is significantly harder to win.

Weekly race—regularly get first place in my newbie game. Got third place one time in my Veteran Game.

Batula’s Key—again, regularly win it in my newbie game and seldom get it in my Veteran Game.

Soda Squad—the biggest difference is that in my newbie game, the squad only needs 350 points to win vs 800 points in my Veteran game. Thus, am regularly winning it in my Newbie game, and seldom getting to the final prize in my Veteran game.

Rainbow Streak—much easier to maintain the streak, or get it back in the Newbie Game. The old Rainbow Road and Treasure Chests were much more helpful in my Veteran game than the Rainbow Streak and Batula’s key.

Bubblegum Hill—for some strange reason that I can’t explain, I have more success with it in my Veteran game than in my Newbie game. Would think it would be the same.

Mr. Toffee’s Fair—not much difference between the two, except that it is easier to play within the Newbie Game. In my Veteran game I avoid lines that require one to complete levels and cherry pick certain levels to complete certain tasks so that the task can be completed without losing a life.

Ads—much more beneficial in my Veteran game.

To sum it all up—my Newbie game is MUCH easier with the new features and events than it was when I played it originally. My Veteran game was easier with the old events and features. Unless something bizarre happens, I should be at about the same point in both games in a few months. I’m interested to see whether any of my opinions will change once that happens.

• mightymrgreed
    mightymrgreed Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?