Help! I cannot play in landscape mode (test ended)

Comments

• ArtySin
    ArtySin Posts: 14 Level 2

Hello @Lola_Pop and @claire2505 and @Alaskagirl11, you state and I quote “I assure you your feedback is being forwarded to the teams that are responsible for this change in the game.” So this is a change and not a test nor a bug. Why has this change not gone through a CM and UAT process? (Change Management and User Acceptance Testing) If it had, then this change would have been rejected by the users. It is a so called “feature” that has been ill thought through and like many on here, I now no longer play this game. So can you please explain why somebody didn’t realise that this so called change was already part of the game. It’s called orientation and you rote your device 90degrees and you have portrait mode which then, for an iPad or other tablet, makes it extremely difficult to play. This really is very bad CM and ignores what users want.

• Betsyz
    Betsyz Posts: 0 Newbie

Not having the screen flip to landscape is very frustrating. I don’t mind the map being portrait, but I have my iPad set up with a keyboard and that works landscape. I set it on the table to play the game, but have had to rotate and remove keyboard to play for the past month or so and it’s not as easy.

• claire2505
    claire2505 Posts: 22 Level 2

@Lola_Pop , Again I agree with @ArtySin and @Alaskagirl11 comments above.

you are just upsetting the very people you should be listening too.

• Lola_Pop
    Lola_Pop Posts: 12,002 Community Manager

Hello again!

It's a change that is being tested, @ArtySin.

@claire2505, @Betsyz , @bullywooly , we've had a meeting with the developers of the game today, and we've explained your reasons and arguments and shown them your messages.

That doesn't mean they will stop the test right now, because there are other factors they have to take into consideration, but they will definitely take the views you players are giving here into account.

• star2291
    star2291 Posts: 8 Level 2

@Lola_Pop Every day I look at your posts to see if they have fixed the problem and so far that has happened. As I mentioned in another post, as long as the developers don’t prioritize the user experience it will continue. Saying that there are other factors means this has not been prioritized. I remain disappointed in my experience.

• josephine2498
    josephine2498 Posts: 6 Level 2

lola.. you can tell them to shove it. They obviously don’t care about the users. Test indeed.. I don’t believe them. No fix, NO play the game, NO more money spent.

• torsten01
    torsten01 Posts: 4 Newbie

Not really a test, seriously, what purpose would it serve? Most people play in portrait, so we are a minority as landscape players. The advertisements are all geared towards portrait. I realised while landscape still worked, that more and more often ads played which were not really usable in landscape. They played in landscape but the cross you had to click after the ad was finished, these crosses were often not visible in landscape. Even when you changed to portrait the ad did not change orientation. Restart was required then. So in reality, the ads are geared for portrait. Rather than put the effort in for the small number of landscape players and fix this problem.... much easier to force portrait. This is the reason for portrait lock. Ads mean money, money rules of course, portrait forcing makes more money. Simple.... But please, not a test at all.

• Koufetta
    Koufetta Posts: 7 Level 2

Well it looks like I’ll be saying goodbye to Soda. Very frustrating playing the game in portrait mode!!

• Royboy
    Royboy Posts: 2 Newbie

Hi you should have a choice on how you play your game the world has a choice so I choose not to play in this mode thanks and bye

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?