I have an iPad 1st generation iOS 5.1.1 game will not work.

Options
Tera
Tera Posts: 2 Newbie

I have an iPad 1st generation with iOS 5.1.1. The logo page comes up but then crashes. Have not been able to play. I have tried reinstalling and it still won't work. Is this something that you can fix? When I downloaded it it said it was for iPad 5.0 and up.

Answers

• Wunderbaum
    Wunderbaum Posts: 4,398 Level 5
    Options

Hi Tera! The game is compatible with your device so I guess it can be an issue with the iPad. I read somewhere that it can help to switch off Internet connection (WiFi and/or 3G). Maybe that can solve your issue. Cheers :-)

• Tera
    Tera Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I don't thinks it's an internet connection because I'm not having a problem with my other games. Also, my mother-in- law is having the same problem. She also has a 1st generation iPad. I really think it's a glitch in the system. I've had this problem in the past with my hay day game. It was a glitch that the techs had to fix. Is this where we make the techs aware of problems that we are having or is there something else that I need to do?

• MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tera,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your tablet. All supported devices as well as levels are tested before being released. If the game closes unexpected could indicate that there are other apps installed that are taking up the available RAM needed to run the game. You could try to un-install some of the apps in order to free up resources. Last resort if a factory reset (before taking this step a full backup is recommended in order to not loose your personal data).

• Rachael_Cosgrove
    Rachael_Cosgrove Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I have the same problem and have done all of the above suggestions with no luck as well. Mine only started doing it straight after installing the last update. 

• Myho
    Myho Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I have the same problem.  The game worked fine previously (with an older version of the software).  As the IPad was given to me, I did a full factory reset and reinstalled the game and now it doesn't work anymore.    I have no other apps installed yet.  This problem is mentioned by many people in numerous forums and websites.  So far I haven't seen a proposed solution that really works.  Is there any way possible a previous version of the game can be downloaded?

• Myho
    Myho Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I have the same problem and have done all of the above suggestions with no luck as well. Mine only started doing it straight after installing the last update. 

I have the same problem. The game worked fine previously (with an older version). I had to do a full factory reset and reinstall the game and now it doesn't work anymore. I have no other apps installed now. This problem is mentioned by many people in numerous forums and websites. So far I haven't seen a proposed solution that works. Is there any way possible a previous version of the game can be downloaded?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?