CC stopped working on my. I have completed all updates and reinstalled. It's dead! Help.

Options
lizcakes
lizcakes Posts: 4 Newbie

I have completed all available updates and uninstalled the app and reinstalled.  Nothing.  Users send me scores of 'lives' through my PC (which works perfectly) but I cannot use the lives on the PC - only  on my phone which will no longer work in the Candy Crush app.  It's been months since I have been able to play CC on my Android.  I do have a life, I do have other things to do, HOWEVER, I'd like to have it back.  Farm Heroes also only works sporadically.  Sigh.  Both fine on my PC.

Answers

• StuckInATree
    StuckInATree Posts: 4,755 Level 3
    Options

Take it you've gone through all the suggested troubleshooting steps given here: https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/loading-crashing-issues-android

So what's actually happening with your game on Android, is it crashing, freezing, giving you an error message or something?

• lizcakes
    Options

I tap on the CC icon, 'King' on orange background comes up, '...Loading', and then I'm zapped back to my homescreen.  Done.  For Farm Heroes, 'King' comes on, 'Loading...', 'Play', I press Play, press game #654 (for instance), THEN it zaps me back to my homescreen.  CC stopped working first (maybe 7 months ago) after only sporadically working for a couple of months, then Farm Heroes stopped working as well - perhaps a month ago.

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 25,037 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

I have a possible solution but you may not like it. I have this issue from time to time. Along with other ingame issues such as not being able to purchase gems in paradise bay.  And I don't know why, but the only thing that works is restoring my tablet back to factory resettings and installing everything again. It is a pain but it worked.

It might not be a solution for you, but it might help if you can do it. 

If you can access your games cache (settings/storage/cache) and clear them, that might help.

• lizcakes
    Options

Setting the phone back to factory settings is not an option for me.  I'll just wait until this phone buys the farm and load CC and Farm Heroes on the next phone.  I will re-try clearing the cache though - just for the heck of it and will post if anything happens. 

• lizcakes
    Options

Setting the phone back to factory settings is not an option for me.  I'll just wait until this phone buys the farm and load CC and Farm Heroes on the next phone.  I will re-try clearing the cache though - just for the heck of it and will post if anything happens. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?