Why cant I see the leaderboard with all my friends on it

Options
Robyn_Mcmullin
Robyn_Mcmullin Posts: 10 Level 2

It seems that when u sign into any game from KING, they want u to give a ton of info that will go on all my friends on FB.  Sorry, but no one wants a ton of unsolicited advertising on their feed.  So, because we wont give permission for u to do that, u are going to punish us by no longer allowing any game friend to send lives or for us friends to see what scores we have?  What kind of crap is this??

Answers

• Aurelia_Tello-3
    Aurelia_Tello-3 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
  • Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,779 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Options

In their defense though, if you refuse to give them permission to view friends on your lists then they cannot access it. It’s not punishment it’s a simple fact. It’s like saying the library won’t let you borrow books because you refuse to give them details to get a library card. 

As a user I would be more worried about what apps my friends were using ( such as all those what age I will die, when will I get married apps) that was the cause of the data storm with the Cambridge app recently, than Facebook allowing friends lists permissions. 

And you are misinformed it will be the same with any app you use, the difference being if it’s not a game app it won’t need your friends list. 

• Lady_Choo
    Options

And you can also change permissions on Facebook so only you can see anything related to the games :) change privacy setting to “ only me” 

• Robyn_Mcmullin
    Robyn_Mcmullin Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options

Chicken slayer..  its none of KINGS business to my who my friends are AND its an invasion of their privacy.  If they want their business known to KING, they will contact them and give it.  As for changing the privacy to just 'myself', I did that... and no, it doesn't work.

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Mine is set to publish to me only and only I see the posts :) 

And I understand but the none king apps I use or my daughter uses asks for the exact same permissions. In order to add friends they have to be able to see the lists. It’s the same with twitter and Snapchat or pet city or anything else with friends. It’s the rogue apps you have to watch out for as they don’t just gather names but other data too. 

The leaderboard issue seems to be caused by Facebook changes so if you double checked you are connected and they still are not showing then it’s under investigation. 

Have a good day :)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?