**Superstar Information Post** Crashing on Android

Options
Lady_Choo
Lady_Choo Posts: 24,393 Pet Rescue Moderator
edited May 2019 in Support

We have a fantastic article for you to read here: android problems for when you are having problems with your game loading or crashing on you. You need to read this as it will help you.

The reason why I am also adding another post is because android also save data for you and sometimes uninstalling a game isn't enough. You also need to clear the system and game cache. Otherwise when you reinstall it, up pops the old data along with issues. 

Personally before uninstalling I would make sure everything is clean and fresh as it can be. 

Make sure you are synced with your previous method of saving data. Either Facebook or the Kingdom.

Remember doing this is usually worth trying as it will remove system errors, but it will remove your boosters as they are saved in the device memory. Maybe use them up first if you can?

You need to go to Settings > Apps > Google play store > Storage > Clear cache

Then go back to Settings > Apps > (The app you are having issues with) > Storage > Clear data, clear cache. 

(IF YOU USE FACEBOOK AND ARE HAVING LOG IN PROBLEMS ONLY: Uninstall the Facebook app)

Uninstall the game app. 

Reboot your device as in the article instructions.

Reinstall the app. Open it up and log in. 

(If connection was your issue, do not reinstall the Facebook app at this point)

If it is working, brilliant, if not, follow the instructions in the linked article.

And if you find its working properly and you uninstalled the Facebook app you can now reinstall it as normal

Best Answer

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,687 Sweet Legend
    Options

Great article Chicken Slayer!

• Lady_Choo
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you Elsa :) Practice and determination to fix broken games lol.

• bjkeough
    bjkeough Posts: 33 Level 2
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The app is setup to intentionally crash when cache data reaches 260mb ish.  This shows King the player has gathered lots of boosters, life's, etc from friends, etc.  You don't need to uninstall, just wipe out your progress.  Once they know you have saved up boosters they force you to start over. 

This is very sneaky on their behalf and I'm done with them, sick of doing quests for boosters, especially egg crackers... Then losing all my progress because King is making it appear your device has crashed the app when all along they have something built in the app to make it appear that it's crashed, forcing you to reinstall...
  • Lady_Choo
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @bjkeough not quite sure where you are getting that impression from but its not true about the boosters. It could be that it only holds a certain amount of data because I know I have issues when I don't have boosters saved, but if you have 1000 requests then the game does lag which causes it to crash. Its the same when using any other app on my devices. The more they have in them, especially with older devices  the more likely they are to crash :(
  • bjkeough
    bjkeough Posts: 33 Level 2
    Options
    @bjkeough not quite sure where you are getting that impression from but its not true about the boosters. It could be that it only holds a certain amount of data because I know I have issues when I don't have boosters saved, but if you have 1000 requests then the game does lag which causes it to crash. Its the same when using any other app on my devices. The more they have in them, especially with older devices  the more likely they are to crash :(

I'm talking about the type of crash where he game starts to load then suddenly just exits back to the home screen.  It appears the app has crashed but on reality it's the data saved on the duration of playing that is causing this.  You don't need to "fix" the problem by uninstalling... You only need to erase the game data in the settings.  If the problem was the device or even a broken app the problem wouldn't get fixed by simply clearing user data.

• Lady_Choo
    Options
    But that happens on other apps too @bjkeough. To be fair on farm I don't have saved boosters on mobile because I rarely play on it as the lives go there instead of Facebook everytime I log in. But I know when I have got to 100 requests I run into issues. If you use boosters more often they don't risk getting lost. But if they are paid boosters and you lose them for whatever reason, you can ask and they can replace them :)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?