Why is my farm heroes saga so slow now after the last update? It's not my iPad, it's the game itsel

Dosie_Francio
Dosie_Francio Posts: 1 Newbie

When I make a match, the crop sizes just sit there for like 5 seconds and then the new ones falling come down slow, the sheep move slow...it's awful...how can I fix this?  It's unplayable this way

Answers

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 25,516 Pet Rescue Moderator

Hi Dosie, unfortunately with our gaming demands comes great demands on devices. The more we have in the game, the more memory they use. I know the games themselves work with the newer end of devices better than the older ones. You don't say which ios you are using, so it could be that. Its not just limited to devices, I have the same issue on laptop too sometimes. In which case that's when the cache etc gets cleaned, which isn't as straightforward on ios.

Make sure all background apps are closed (press the home button twice and swipe away any running ones) sometimes restarting your phone can help too. 

You might find this link useful:

Help with apple products.

• Vica-2
    Vica-2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited April 2017

Dosie, I updated the game several days ago and faced the same problem om my 16 GB iPad2 with iOS 7.

1) You need to clean the device' memory (by removal photos, videos, apps etc) to fix the "5 seconds" issue.  500 MB free is enough, further cleanups have no effect

2) The crops and sheep do not move SLOW, their moving became SMOOTH or FLOWING.  This is a new FEATURE, not BUG.  This feature is introduced by game developers to force players (like you and me) to buy new devices instead of older ones.  Be sure, this feature will never be fixed.  So, if you don't like the slow movement you need to buy a new device.

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 25,516 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited May 2017

Dosie, I updated the game several days ago and faced the same problem om my 16 GB iPad2 with iOS 7.

1) You need to clean the device' memory (by removal photos, videos, apps etc) to fix the "5 seconds" issue.  500 MB free is enough, further cleanups have no effect

2) The crops and sheep do not move SLOW, their moving became SMOOTH or FLOWING.  This is a new FEATURE, not BUG.  This feature is introduced by game developers to force players (like you and me) to buy new devices instead of older ones.  Be sure, this feature will never be fixed.  So, if you don't like the slow movement you need to buy a new device.

Thankyou for your additional input. I think you will find though, that the game makers are not in league with the phone makers, so it doesn't matter to them if we buy new devices or not. What you will find is that as technology increasingly gets better the demand for better graphics, more content, updates etc, means that they have to keep inline with phones capabilities. As more people have the higher end of the phones, and only a small amount have such old phones, as most of us update every couple of years, they have to set their focus somewhere.In reality, yes it is better to have a newer phone, but if not, the game can be played on pc. It would be like expecting everyone to watch a 12 inch black and white television rather than a 50 inch colour television with HD just because we do not want to move onto better things. The phones that do not work now, really are in a very small minority and I think the user, if they have an older phone (note that I had previously given all the same advice but they don't mention which version they have) is going to have the same issue with more than just this game :)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?