Farm is celebrating 10 years! 👩‍🌾🧑‍🌾
🎉🚜 Get all the info HERE

Rancid levels being replaced with normal levels!

Options
piaandersson
piaandersson Posts: 1,023 Level 5
edited June 2023 in Discussions

This is just information mostly to the mods but also to players. That the studio have made some big changes in the game.

We all used to that they change the levels so they become something else/harder. But this change of levels is bigger then that.

When I do quest I have some special levels I used for some things. Like level 485 for flowers and level 1266 for grasseed. Both was rancid levels. Yes was. Now it is normal levels. And I can´t use them for what I used to.

And if I look on the game they have removed several rancid levels. Rancid level use to come every 15 level or something like that. Now it can be longer between rancid levels and it seems like they now come random instead of regular. Don´t know how may they have removed. It´s hard to see on some because some of my levels I have the gold marker.

But they have removed a lot of rancid levels and made them normal levels. At least in the beginning of the game.

Don´t know how high up they have removed rancid levels. For you lady_choo I guess it will give you headace since you make videos. And it is so many they have changed at one time. And they can have changed other levels beside rancid levels.

Don´t know when they changed. But it´s not so long ago. It is around a month ago I did quest last time and then it was as it used to be.

@encantes @Lady_Choo @PummyRaj

Comments

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,330 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @piaandersson this isn't an issue, but I didn't think it was due to start for a couple of days yet! They usually give @QueenB a heads up and she lets us know so we knew it was coming.

The studio are running a test by taking Rancid away for some players. Some really dislike him, some like him so they are gathering feedback as per usual. I know a lot of people complained about him, so they clearly listen!

Now you know its a test, how do you feel about it?

And yes, they are always changing levels so I just remake when someone tells me they have changed, or I find them when looking for help for players. This is the reason I am so far behind 🤗

• piaandersson
    Options

@Lady_Choo don´t know if I missunderstand you or you me. I didn´t see it as an issue. Just wanted to give you information since you (mods) help players when they stuck on levels. And thougt it could be good to know that they seemed to have changed a hole lot of levels, including rancid, at the same time.

So it´s a test. Don´t know what to think about it. They always grumpys and you selldom have help from companion, and you can never use the moves that are left. So I can do whitout rancid levels.

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Sorry, that was my fault! I get so used to players thinking changes are issues that I responded that way first 😆

I didn't know it had started already, so thank you for that information. It was supposed to start next week!

I can still see him in my game so far.

Thank you for the feedback 🤗

• piaandersson
    Options

@Lady_Choo no worries. As you say most write about issuse. But I thougt that I avoid that by the hedaline.

I don´t know how long it have been. I haven´t done quest for some time and not playing regular levels. Have other things to do at home so just played events.

Yes rancid still on some levels. But not so often as usually. If they planed to take all away in the test they have done some middleway. Because not all are gone.

• Lady_Choo
    Options

I wonder if its in progress ready for the initial test? We will find out Monday hopefully 🤗

• piaandersson
    Options

@Lady_Choo yes we will see. But they are changing a lot. Not just rancid levels. I discoverd another level I use for quest have been changed.

So in that way it is an issue because they srewing up my best levels. And it´s not easy to find new good levels to use for quest. Specially now when they change so much this time.

• Lady_Choo
    Options

@piaandersson I know ☹ It is not a recent thing though. Some episodes I have made videos for have been changed dozens of times and I think I have made every single video apart from the last couple of 100, more than once. Hence why I am so far behind. Its not even older ones either 🤦‍♀️

Sometimes there have been episodes that were all one number, and it looked like they put all the numbers in a hat and just changed numbers for the fun of it. Then when I remade them, they changed them all back. Twice. Its to keep it fresh and new they say....

• piaandersson
    Options

@Lady_Choo I know they change levels time to time. I know of other levels that have been changed some time ago.

And when the weed (is the green ones called that) came a couple of years ago they made a bigger changing on lots of levels at one time.

Now this changing they are doing with replacing rancid, I can´t say for sure, but I think this changing will be a bigger one then the one they usually do.

And maybe a crazy thougt. I see that it have starting to comes report from players about problems. Could it be connected. I know before when they made a bigger change it got some bugs in the game. Just to wait and see on that one if it´s connected.

• Lady_Choo
    edited June 2023
    Options

You're thinking along the same lines as me but it only seems to affect the microsoft version so far (and the tests are on any device) so it might just be a conflict between the update and the windows update. Hopefully the studio can fix it quickly.

Meantime I am just uploading my saved videos to the community, they might have changed, but if they will change again, there doesn't seem much point me changing them yet 😎 Trust me, you will not know the half of what they changed over the years ☹

• piaandersson
    Options

@Lady_Choo I remember something that you have forgot. When weed came it screwed up on king.com. Sure king com was running on flash at the time. But there they have to remove the weed to got it running again.

And maybe just a fluk that the level 1225 is a problem now. That was a problem with that level on old king.com. They never fixed it then so why the same level now.

But there have been times that only one device have been affected. Often it is on facebook, but have even been just on iphone with some time but thats rare. What I can remember so have android always worked.

You right about that I don´t know about all the times they have changed and that because I don´t go back to older levels beside when I do quest or I see some players ask for help about some levels and I look on them.

And they have even changed the first level, 266, where you should collect spider. That level have always had 2 moves. Now it have 6 moves but still just one spider to collect. So you get hero mode there but you can´t get any more points. And that changed had come now.

So we will se what all ends up in.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?