Thoughts about Rancid

Options
Lady_Choo
Lady_Choo Posts: 24,456 Pet Rescue Moderator

With the current test about removing Rancid levels, and your thoughts about it...I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread so you can comment here.

Whether you love or hate him, here is the place to discuss it πŸ™‚

Β«1

Comments

• me6412
    me6412 Posts: 9,512 Pro Player 👑
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Lady_Choo Why would they want to get rid of Rancid he is like the poster child of Farm Hero Saga getting rid of him is like trying to change the character of Farm Hero Saga and that would be so wrong most people who play Farm Hero Saga think of Rancid as the symbol character for Farm Hero Saga if you drop him you'll never get people to accept Choo Choo or Hunter, or any other characters from the game that will recognize Farm Hero Saga together all in one picture.....no it will only devise players away and cause confusion with season players trying to get new players or friends to start playing Farm Hero Saga as their new game as choice game, and season players might even look at Farm Hero Saga as a second place game if Rancid is removed....oh yes this could definitely happen....is this away to get rid of giving away free beans that we buy extra help to beat in Rounds with Rancid or beans we uses to buy shovels with is getting rid of Rancid the first step in getting rid of beans again ?

@BQN537, @jeanps, @LoveDachs @rebelchild @gordan10 @MollyS @Racoon7 @Anahita_2005 @siti_payung, @CassD, @Bellamy32 maybe some of my friends from my Farm Team who might want to agree or have their own opinion on Rancid being removed or not as this is only an " Idea of the Farm Hero Saga Design Team " I hope not though.....

• LoveDachs
    LoveDachs Posts: 28,156 Level 5
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Lady_Choo 🐀

Hi there LadyC, πŸ₯ first I want to thank you for this contest and that fabulous Rancid &(children?) badge.. is this what you were working on? This is another one that will be in my top 10.. or less!

Please don't say it's so that the studio is thinking about getting rid of Rancid?!? I know I complain about him but it's just part of the game, we all do it but we secretly really do like him. I don't know even about him in another capacity.. it just wouldn't be the same. The studio would have to run some ideas by us first. 😁

I don't understand either why they keep changing or trying to,... what we are used to and love about Farm Heroes.. it was fun and good the way it was and is for me. I haven't gotten the horrible new Hero Mode yet and I hope I don't. Please change that back too for everyone.

Am thinking maybe the problem is people are leaving? not enough joining?..something is behind the constant revamping of an original game idea that was and is great!

The studio should be trying to keep the players that they have already and through reviews and word of mouth will bring more in.. but not this way, by taking what we love and turning it into something we don't even recognize anymore. They almost did that with the Companions. I fought that tooth and nail. And as I mentioned the new Hero Mode and I have seen people say that the won't be playing any more.

If they really want to keep players, work on increasing moves instead of reducing them, make ads to watch for boosters and moves available to all, extra moves could somehow be part of a give-away like other boosters. This is the problem that I hear from everyone.. not enough moves, days or longer stuck on one level. This is why people give up after being faithful to this game for years, and leave because they get tired of hardly advancing any more once they get on higher levels.

Also when they design, test etc. levels I really do think a lot of them are designed to eat up a ton of boosters.. it's crazy how many it takes sometimes, (does it have to be? I don't think so except maybe for extra hard levels..then I could see it taking a lot) and I'm only in the 2200's. I also think there should be more contests (like before) that not only give gold bars but would include boosters too. What I really wish is that they had more ways to use beans, beans for boosters (all of them). like you can with the shovels. *Like in PRS, you can use paw coins for boosters.* Farm needs something like this desperately.

Yes Bonnie is a "big" help.. if you get her, she bolted a few months ago and I haven't seen her since. So Bonnie should visit "everyone".

Thank you David for the tag. πŸ’— @me6412

I guess I should do the contest separate from this. 🀣

• Racoon7
    Racoon7 Posts: 16,078 Pro Player 👑
    edited June 2023
    Options

Dear Dolores I totally agree. Sometimes it seems like you are given a hand and then it is taken away, encouraging you to buy.

Beans for boosters would be immense to this game, like in FHSS. Previous changes have diminished my intense love for this game with the companions, but have got used to it, it is just harder.

Farm has some really great and encouraging events, like the Season Pass, Grow a Cropsie, and Farmers Market which offer good rewards. I wish these would be mandatory and available for everyone.

I would like Rancid to stay and maybe take a different role, he is part of FHS.

I really don't like the new "Hero" mode thing. The racing around at the end causes issues. Points and evaluation. I like to use my remaining moves, especially if there is an event.

• LoveDachs
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hiya Tracey, I agree, the changes are mostly all geared to the fact that they want you to spend money. Nothing wrong with that, they are a business but there are people that'll never spend a dime and I'm one of them.. I can't afford it... otherwise I'd probably spend a small fortune. πŸ˜… But also if I remember the "selling" point of the games is that they are free to play. So making the game(s) harder hurts us the most.

Yes that's what I've been seeing people say about the new Hero Mode, it finishes the level for you even if you have a bunch of moves left. You can't gather up more of anything that you need like water and sun for the cropsie as an example, it does all the moves that it can at that move where you went into Hero Mode (say you have 10 moves left).. it finishes the level with 10 moves still available... I don't agree with that at all. Just thought of this too what if you are going for high score or something, this would really mess up your game plan and method of playing strategy. πŸ€”

I don't play FHSS as of yet but I really like the graphics that I've seen. So are you saying that there you can spend/use beans on more than 3 shovels at a time and use against Rancid? Interesting, might have to check that out sooner than I expected. πŸ€—

• LoveDachs
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Racoon7

Ok, thanks for the info, eventually I will check it out. For now though I will stick with Farm Heroes, which I absolutely adore by the way.. that's why I hate to see these changes that hurt the game.

I didn't see this many people upset about the Companions as I do this new Hero Mode, and you as I, know that some of them are our teammates. Let's hope they listen and keep the game great as it' is and has been in the past. Yes I also really enjoy the Weekend Challenge.. when it's around anymore, Farm Pass, Grow-a-Cropsie but still no Market. ☹️

I still need to do this contest. Got sidetracked David. 🀣

• Lady_Choo
    edited June 2023
    Options

They don't listen to everything always or sometimes things take time πŸ˜₯ I don't know if there is a reason for not having it or if its something they have to change, or they might even be planning it down the line. Who knows πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ But they have heard us before if you remember the new companions? That was a short lived test.

@rebelchild too, I hear you. I am going to see if we can get some of these comments moved to a new thread as they are off topic now. But my teams isn't working properly either, I will ask again about it.

The hero mode has a thread to leave feedback to make it easier to pass it to the studio.

The crystal axe event is on pause, it was mentioned in one of the threads. I don't know why but none of it is to do with popularity, the game is still very popular πŸ€—

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 32,965 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hello miss Choo @Lady_Choo πŸ€—

Looks like I am going to be the first one to open the discussion πŸ˜ƒ

I am very much OK with the Rancid levels to be removed! If it weren’t for those mean & cruel levels, I do not have anything against Rancid.

So, like some of our Farmers said, he can stay IF he behaves and helps out!! But, NO more Purple slimy levels 🚫

After 5400 levels, I have decided and firm about it 😁😁

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Thank you @PummyRaj I agree, I do like some of his levels they can be fun......but some of them are awful! And no to the slime too πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

• BQN537
    BQN537 Posts: 25,085 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Hi @Lady_Choo

I have a love hate relationship with Rancid.

I really like getting him angry 😠. On the other hand some of the rancid levels are ridiculously hard.

If rancid does leave why not make them companion levels so we could get more rewards in Farm Club 🀠🚜

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?