Switching iTunes Accounts

brft121
brft121 Posts: 2 Newbie

I want to give my daughter her own iTunes account and link through Family Sharing.  She's currently using mine.  I want to know if she'll lose progress on any of her King games.  She is NOT signed into Facebook or Gamecenter, so it appears everything is saved locally on her iPad which makes me think I can do this transfer successfully?

Best Answer

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 25,488 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited March 2018 Answer ✓

Hi Brft121 thank you for posting on King care.

As a player and community helper I would always advise that players log into something. The reason being if the game updates on ipad, or crashes, or she ends up playing on another device, all progress is lost.

As a parent (or a decent human being) Facebook is not always a good place to be so I understand you don't want her connected to that. 

As far as I am aware as long as she keeps playing on the same ipad it will keep progress, I just cannot guarentee it will if she uses a different account. I know when I log in as one of my children on my tablets or computer, I haven't got access to the same things I have on my main account.

Does she log in with an email address?

What I would suggest is this. If she is NOT logged in to anything, make her a new Kingdom account, help for that explained here then on her ipad before you change anything, load up her game.

Screenshot the main game page which shows which level she is on in case of issues and connect to the Kingdom using her new account. If you use any family members acc for the Kingdom, make sure its not been previously connected to the game. It should then save the progress and in future, no matter which account or device she is on, once she logs in her progress will appear. 

If there are any issues and the progress gets messed up (it really shouldn't do) then let us know and I can get the moderators to add the levels. 

Answers

• Lady_Choo
    edited March 2018 Answer ✓

As a player and community helper I would always advise that players log into something. The reason being if the game updates on ipad, or crashes, or she ends up playing on another device, all progress is lost.

As a parent (or a decent human being) Facebook is not always a good place to be so I understand you don't want her connected to that. 

As far as I am aware as long as she keeps playing on the same ipad it will keep progress, I just cannot guarentee it will if she uses a different account. I know when I log in as one of my children on my tablets or computer, I haven't got access to the same things I have on my main account.

What I would suggest is this. If she is NOT logged in to anything, make her a new Kingdom account, help for that explained here then on her ipad before you change anything, load up her game.

Screenshot the main game page which shows which level she is on in case of issues and connect to the Kingdom using her new account. If you use any family members acc for the Kingdom, make sure its not been previously connected to the game. It should then save the progress and in future, no matter which account or device she is on, once she logs in her progress will appear. 

If there are any issues and the progress gets messed up (it really shouldn't do) then let us know and I can get the moderators to add the levels. 

• Lady_Choo

You are welcome, if you log back into your old cloud account can you still recover progress and transfer it to a King account?

• brft121
    brft121 Posts: 2 Newbie

Thank you Chicken Slayer! I wound up logging out of my iCloud account and logging into a new one I created for her. You were correct, progress on the iPad remained on the iPad for King games as well as all other games she plays. There is surprisingly little support that I found for this situation! Many thanks to you for your response and hopefully this thread helps others if they face the same thing. Thanks again!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?