High score freezes on ios, King acct

Options
wafercookieflippers
wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend
Hi there!

I have only (very) recently started playing the game. I think I am still less than 50 levels in. I apologize if this has been asked and answered; I did look around a little but I could not find it.

Sometimes when I win a level in hero mode, the score marker scrolls up out of sight and makes the ticking noise like it is still going, but the view of the scores doesn't change. Then the high score screen is frozen like this. I have to force close the app and come back in. Sometimes it doesn't do that and it will move me up and shows me moving to 3rd place or wherever (not sure how that is happening but ok). Then the screen is not stuck and I can move on to the next level without a problem.

Unfortunately it is happening frequently enough that I have given up playing the game more than a few times now just out of frustration with the process of closing out and going back in. Plus I am so new to the game that I don't know what is working and not working when I am doing this.Β 

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I have already done the clearing cache and restarting my phone multiple times. My game is up to date. I play on an iPhone.Β 

Best Answer

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,685 Community Manager
    Answer βœ“
    Options
    Welcome to the Farm Community, happy to have you here @wafercookieflippers :)

I'm not really sure what is happening to your game but when things are not working properly and updates have been done, the next step is to reinstall the game app.

It usually fixes most issues (please note that any progress on the mobile device that has not been synchronized with Facebook/King account at this stage will be lost.

However, all the progress that is currently saved on Facebook/King account can easily be retrieved, once you have reconnected the device successfully). Regrettably, you will lose any saved boosters and messages.Β 

I would recommend using these up before re-installing, if possible.

Hope this helps :)Β 

Answers

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,685 Community Manager
    Answer βœ“
    Options
    Welcome to the Farm Community, happy to have you here @wafercookieflippers :)

I'm not really sure what is happening to your game but when things are not working properly and updates have been done, the next step is to reinstall the game app.

It usually fixes most issues (please note that any progress on the mobile device that has not been synchronized with Facebook/King account at this stage will be lost.

However, all the progress that is currently saved on Facebook/King account can easily be retrieved, once you have reconnected the device successfully). Regrettably, you will lose any saved boosters and messages.Β 

I would recommend using these up before re-installing, if possible.

Hope this helps :)Β 

• wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend
    Options
    Thank you so much @QueenB.Β 

I noticed that it happened mostly when I wasn't very successful in improving my score in hero mode. Whenever I was getting up into the top 5 or so, everything was cool. The other good thing is that even when the game froze and I had to hard exit, things like Harvest Rush still counted and I didn't lose a life. It took me awhile to realize it was really inconvenient but only that for now (I think/hope).

I have not had to use boosters since I had Bonnie but I will keep my eye on spending them down. I was able to get to level 85 or so with her help this weekend.Β 

Thanks again for the help and the warm welcome to the community! πŸ™‚β€οΈπŸ³

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?