๐Ÿ˜บ Furry & purry right now in Pet Rescue Community!
๐Ÿพ ๏ปฟClaim your milestone level badges:
Level 1000//Level 2000//Level 3000//Level 4000//Level 5000//Level 6000//Level 7000//
๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿพ Spring Petopia

My iPad overheats when playing Pet Rescue Saga.

Options
dianakotori
dianakotori Posts: 69 Level 3

Hello everyone.

I have been playing plenty of King games, some of them almost from the beginning across multiple devices, a PC laptop, quite a few Android Smartphones and a Samsung tablet. I acquired an iPad Air recently, and noticed it gets very hot when playing Pet Rescue Saga. I played Farm Heroes Saga too, but it doesnโ€™t seem to do it as much. I wonder why this happens and if thereโ€™s anything I need to do to stop it.

Thank you.

ยซ1

Comments

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,393 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Hiya, I think its caused by the processor working a lot and the battery or maybe a combination of both. Mine does the same on games when I am on them a lot. If your ipad is updated and the app is updated, just make sure anything else that can be is completely closed. If you remove any apps you no longer use to free up more memory that should help.

And I will ask the community manager to see if there is anything else to suggest but I think its ok as long as you give it a break every so often ๐Ÿ˜Š Its only happening with the ipad? I know my iphone gets hot sometimes so it might just be an apple thing.

• lisamo
    lisamo Posts: 343 Level 3
    Options

@dianakotori , I think it's the game. It makes my laptop hot and my phone(that I rarely play on) also kills my battery. I have to keep my power cord plugged in while playing.

• dianakotori
    Options

The only other Apple device I have owned was an iPod. I have played in many Android devices and never noticed them getting hot. Also, I lower the brightness quite a lot, because if it's too bright it bothers me. Interestingly, I tried playing Farm Heroes and it didn't get as hot. A couple of levels in Pet Rescue and the heat was noticeable even through the case. I did stop playing, took it out of the case and let it cool down for a while. Closed all the background apps and anything that could be an issue, tried again and it got hot again.

Oh well. I guess I'll keep playing on my phone, but I was quite excited to be able to see the pets' faces again, lol.

Lady_Choo, thank you so much.

• dianakotori
    Options

Wow, that's a bit of a worry. I didn't notice any of my devices getting hot with the game until now, hopefully if it is a game issue they can fix it. Thank you, Lisamo.

• Lady_Choo
    Options

It shouldn't kill the battery, but that would depend on the age and how full your storage is and what else you have running at the time.

• Lady_Choo
    Options

I will let you know when she gets back to me ๐Ÿค— My ipad was fine with it yesterday (as I checked after I posted) today its been snatched by the 3yo grandson who is playing tv shows with irritating ear worm theme tunes so I cannot check again yet ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

My phone does get warm when I run games, I think that is fairly common.

Which version is it? Is it running ios17? And just to double check there are no updates for the ios itself? Sometimes that can be enough to make it hot. ๐Ÿˆโ€โฌ›

• lisamo
    lisamo Posts: 343 Level 3
    Options

@Lady_Choo , I don't mean literally kills it. I mean if I don't keep my power plug in my battery needs charged really quick while playing. ๐Ÿ™‚

• dianakotori
    Options

The iPad is new and only I use it. I'm kind of guilty because I bought it to use Procreate and the first thing I downloaded was Facebook and the games instead. ๐Ÿ˜…

I have no idea what version of the operating system it has, but it did update yesterday. I tried to play for a while, but as I was worried about the heat, I wasted all of my lives and didn't pass a single level. Now I close all the programs before I play and it still gets hot, but not as badly as the first time.

*Edit: I just checked, the iOs version is 17.3.1

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Teeheehee you sound like me. I actually use a non king game on mine but it's not brand new now (2018) so it just crashes and crashes and so I end up just letting little one use it mostly. I can deal with crashing but saving progress is vital. Especially in a farming game and it doesn't. Too many tests running and it can't cope and unlike King, they don't stop them unless everyone cannot play. In wholeheartedly blaming Activision for pulling paradise bay.

Anyway before I get told off for going too far off topic lol, I asked my co-mod too @Lynette and she said that a few others have the same issue. But it doesn't seem to cause any major problems.

It's common for devices to get hot sometimes through a lot of use. My old phone used to do it but the only time I worried was if it started pausing or doing random things. Then it's more likely to indicate an issue. They are that thin these days that we feel the heat more than we used to. Maybe it's using more inner workings than some of the other games?

is it when it's not plugged in charging as well? As using it while charging can make it hot. Especially if it doesn't like the plug or wire. Until I had my current phone I didn't realise how much that could cause them to have a hissy fit. I cannot use Google if I'm charging mine cos the keyboard doesn't behave properly and some of the games won't even respond. I need to buy a different plug just haven't got around to it ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Lady_Choo
    Options

@dianakotori hi again, we have had another player on an iphone with the same issue, although the studio haven't had any reports, they have asked that we let them know these details in case there is a small issue causing it. I know you said ipad air, is there more than one version? And have you updated to ios 17.4 now?

1. The phone model;
    2. Game version;
    3. Operating System (iOS in case of iPhone);
    4. Player IDs;

(You get the player ID from clicking on the cog, choosing profile, then at the top of the page there is a king logo. Double tap that and it gives you a number which is your ID

When I have the info I will let the CM have it who will send it on to the studio ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?