Why have the prices of the tools suddenly doubled and tripled?

Kodiwolf1
Kodiwolf1 Posts: 5 Level 2

The prices for all the tools suddenly jumped up to double and even TRIPLE the cost from just 2 weeks ago. It cost 9,000 silver paws for ONE rocket and 9,000 for 3 hammers. That is triple the old price, and practically impossible to reach when you only receive 600 silver paws for each winning game. Will the number of silver paws for winning be increased? If not, the new prices are outrageous and I may have to find a non-King game to play.

Best Answer

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 25,576 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Answer ✓

I understand, someone hearing is half the battle in these games!

I have official word and trust me, I have passed on your Feedback ;)

King have spoken:

"At times we need to make changes in the pricing, regardless if it's the Gold Bars or the in-game free currency - Pet Coins. 

This time we wanted to keep the prices the same when using Gold Bars but we made a small pricing change when using Pet Coins since these Coins are awarded free of charge throughout the game.

The upside is that we’ve also made some other tweaks which mean you’ll be earning more Pet Coins than before in the future!

Don't forget that all purchases are fully optional since all levels can be completed without buying any boosters, you’ll also still be able to win loads of free boosters in the various live events and challenges we frequently run.

I understand that you may feel this was a disappointing change in the game and I’ve passed your feedback onto the moderators"

So it looks like changes are afoot!

Answers

• Lady_Choo

Hi Kodiwolf1 thank you for using King care.

I can only speculate as things like this are not always told until they make a decision. But it could be because coins are now easier to gain. Or it could be they are running a test on the prices to gather customers feedback and then will adjust it if it gets too many negative comments.

They usually use King care to look at feedback though, so all comments help :)

• Kodiwolf1

Hi Kodiwolf1 thank you for using King care.

I can only speculate as things like this are not always told until they make a decision. But it could be because coins are now easier to gain. Or it could be they are running a test on the prices to gather customers feedback and then will adjust it if it gets too many negative comments.

They usually use King care to look at feedback though, so all comments help :)

Thanks, Chicken Slayer. (Great username, but I'm guessing you are not a Pet RESCUE fan. lol) I'll be dammed if I can see where coins are easier to gain. They're going to have to raise the # of coins for winning a level for me to be happy about the higher tool prices. Thanks for the info about using comments to sway decision. I may have to figure out new and creative ways to ask this question a bunch of times.
  • Kodiwolf1

I appreciate Chicken Slayer's answer, but I still think it is TOTALLY UNFAIR to suddenly raise the prices of all the tools without raising the number of pieces of silver won. (It's called a cost of living raise in the real world...if you raise the prices, you have to raise the income, otherwise, people move to other games. I will be doing that soon (and most likely take all the friends I introduced to Pet Rescue Saga with me.) This is an easy fix, developer. You can do it.

• Lady_Choo

I understand from one of the Superstars that blogs it, that making coins has become easier? You are correct, I don't play it, we're just trying to spread ourselves over all the games to try and answer everyone, so poor Lynette (you may have seen her about) has constantly had to answer my questions lol. It was actually her that gave those answers and I know she plays many games but that seems to be the one I see her name everywhere with :D My poison is Farm Heroes, so if you decide to switch games I can help better haha. 

Nethertheless, I will make sure that the King team know that its not a happy change. There are a few comments about it already, so maybe it needs a gathering thread so they can monitor it.

I will do my best ;)

• Kodiwolf1

Thanks for the help with this. (You're doing fine just acknowledging that someone hears me. :^) I guess I am trying to start a thread. I have not found that winning coins is any easier. You usually get 400 on the Daily Bonus, 600 when you win a level, and 1,000 if you win at Mystery Mountain. (which is a whole nother frustrating thing, but I digress. lol) And those numbers have not changed AT ALL even tho, as I said, the tool costs have doubled and tripled. It makes trying to win the hard levels a really frustrating experience. The levels should be challenging but winnable, ya know? So okay, I'll quit bitching! lol Have a good evening.

• Lady_Choo
    Answer ✓

I understand, someone hearing is half the battle in these games!

I have official word and trust me, I have passed on your Feedback ;)

King have spoken:

"At times we need to make changes in the pricing, regardless if it's the Gold Bars or the in-game free currency - Pet Coins. 

This time we wanted to keep the prices the same when using Gold Bars but we made a small pricing change when using Pet Coins since these Coins are awarded free of charge throughout the game.

The upside is that we’ve also made some other tweaks which mean you’ll be earning more Pet Coins than before in the future!

Don't forget that all purchases are fully optional since all levels can be completed without buying any boosters, you’ll also still be able to win loads of free boosters in the various live events and challenges we frequently run.

I understand that you may feel this was a disappointing change in the game and I’ve passed your feedback onto the moderators"

So it looks like changes are afoot!

• Kodiwolf1

Thanks, Chicken Slayer! Still not happy, but hey, them's the breaks. Think I'll start looking for another game just to see what else is out there.

• Lady_Choo

If you like a challenge Kodiwolf1, I recommend Farm heroes heh heh ;)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?