🏝️🐾 Summer Petopia

End of Easter Petopia, hurray!

Options
manxmano
manxmano Posts: 30 Level 2
edited April 2023 in Discussions

After my terrible experience with the Easter Petopia game (game was taking about 60 minutes to load) I was really looking forward to getting back in the game. But no! Game doesn't even load at all now. Very very very disappointing. Done the usual things like clear cache, log out from my FB account, play a bit from the very beginning and then reconnect with my FB login. Plays fine until I reconnect my FB account login and then it just sits there doing nothing. Left it overnight but it was still just showing the orange screen this morning. Android or iPad is exactly the same. Hope they can fix this soon. I can't believe I'm the only one affected so there must be a lot of unhappy players out there.

I'm running game version 1.437.7

User id 1027180955

@Lady_Choo anything you can do to help?

Comments

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 25,036 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Hi @manxmano I am really sorry for this, we hoped with Petopia going it would make things better.

I will mention to the CM to see if anyone else has reported it but in the meantime, we will also try some basic troubleshooting if that is ok?

The pixel 7 right? (I am not that good at remembering, I have just been looking through some comments to see so that saves you time lol) So that runs on Android? And there are no updates? (Sometimes you have to go to the store before it shows up) there should be one as petopia has gone just to make sure its all gone.

Have you force closed, restarted your phone? And your ipad (as you mentioned that I assume you are playing on both)

Have you got boosters on both your devices? If not, could I ask you on one of them to try uninstalling the game, rebooting and reinstalling and see if that helps?

Also, do you have the FB app on your phone? Sometimes for some reason that can help if its taken off while connecting (I am not sure why!)

I am going to ask our CM as well so as soon as I hear anything, I will get back to you 🤗

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Oh double checking, you have got 2gb free space haven't you? (I would assume a phone would have)

• manxmano
    Options

Thanks @Lady_Choo everything is okay as per your requirements, free memory, reboot,etc. I do have power ups so am reluctant to uninstall and reinstall but I know that will work, but it's my last resort. I will try removing FB app. See if that makes a difference.

• Lady_Choo
    Options

I just heard that you wrote that not quite before it actually ended so that could have been the reason then...but if its still doing it now then that should have finished. If you want, you could hang on and see but usually that is what they advise. ☹

• manxmano
    Options

Yeah, it's still the same today, even after the Petopia game has ended. I tried removing the fb app but it's still not loading properly. Just have to wait.

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Hi @manxmano two things.

Have you got a lot of boosters saved? Unfortunately this can causes issues as your device is holding more data for the more boosters. So the bigger the amounts, the more storage it uses.

Apologies, I had completely forgotten about that. We advise players the same over in farm heroes that they don't store too many as it can cause issues. Not only that if you have to reinstall, or the data corrputs, you lose them anyway. So that's not a good thing to happen,

Secondly, your player ID 1027180955 is that on Facebooks side or the kingdoms? They are looking into it for you 🤗

• manxmano
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @Lady_Choo I'm logged in on mobile with my FB account. Yes I know I shouldn't keep lots of power-ups but, you know, they are so useful. You gotta grab them while you can))

I've reinstalled on my iPad mini so all power-ups have been lost but my Android is still locked up and won't load.

I'm sure this is a bug with the device's memory or something. But what's really strange is that all the recent Petopia games have been the same and my game has gradually ground to a halt on iPad and Android!

• Lady_Choo
    Options

It sounds like petopia is really heavy on usage but that shouldn’t persist once it’s over. Did it work on the iPad once you reinstalled?

• manxmano
    Options

Yes, it works fine after a new installation but not yet on Android, I haven't resorted to a new install on my phone yet.

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?