How can I change my name and use an alias?

Options
Tely61
Tely61 Posts: 4 Newbie
edited January 2019 in Support
how can I change my name and use an alias??!

Answers

• MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi there Tely61! Welcome to the community! :waving:

You can set your own alias by following these steps:

1. Connect the game online to Kingdom (the orange button with the crown)
    2. Next, go to King.com from a stationary computer
    3. Login with your email and password
    4. After login in you can now click on the cog wheel - top right corner of the screen - and from here choose your avatar and alias.
  • Tely61
    Options
    Never mind! I deleted the game from my phone because it didn’t allow me to advance any longer after reaching the level by 2290. Goodbye 👋🏻 
  • MarkHawk
    Options
    Hi Tely,

If you only had 2290 levels means that you had an outdated version of the game. By updating the app you'll get all (current) 2412 levels available.
  • Tely61
    Options
    I already deleted the app, no longer playing it! Your info came in too late!!!
  • MarkHawk
    Options
    Goodbye Tely 👋🏻 May the free space on your mobile device go to good deeds and fresh apps :chuffed:
  • Lynette
    Lynette Posts: 6,216 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hey @Tely61, if you ever want to reinstall the app, your progress and old username should still be there waiting for you :awesome:
  • Tely61
    Options
    Lynette, that was a good thought but for info, it doesn’t work that way. You would have to start all over after you delete the app. I’m not interested in stating all over again. The same happens if you change your iPhone for a Samsung brand you will loose all your game progress. Beware!!
  • Lynette
    Lynette Posts: 6,216 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @Tely61, there is no need to Beware!! That is not how it works.
    King games are made so that if you have played via Facebook or King (ie signed into the game) your progress and any gold bars you have is saved by them. Only your boosters and the number of lives you have are device specific.

This way we can play on any device. People get new phones all the time, reload the game, reconnect with Facebook or King and continue from where they left off.
    Many of us play on computer and on phone, or tablet or all three!

I have one facebook friend who frequently gets so frustrated he completely deletes the app from all his devices...then after a break, decides to play again, reinstalls and is back where he was :awesome:

And, if you've reinstalled, but for some reason your progress is lost (may be you forgot to sign in) the support staff at the link below are always very helpful with fixing players games by restoring them to the Level they were previously at!

https://soporto.king.com/contact. 
  • Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,330 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options
    I just lately reinstalled Candy crush on an android phone when I last used it on an iphone probably 4 iphones ago and because i logged in through Facebook, all progress is still there. 
    Its a shame to lose something without knowing the facts just because you think you know the answer :(

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?