I can no longer rotate my tablet (game not available in landscape mode)

Answers

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Hi @oki !

Have you made sure the game is connected to your Facebook or King account where the levels are saved on? 

Could you let me know your Game ID so I can take a closer look at this? 

Check here how to find the game ID.
  • Hilde_Armitage
    Hilde_Armitage Posts: 0 Newbie
    why has the game in I pad been changed to photo mode very awkward playing it length ways pleas go back to other mode 
  • DianaCarol
    DianaCarol Posts: 1 Newbie
    I am using an iPad.  Pet Rescue will not rotate to landscape mode.  I am at level 2698, and will find some other game if this is not addressed.  It is not my tablet creating the problem; everything else works just fine.  Please, make the necessary correction.  Thank you.
  • Crazy Cat Lad
    Hi @Hilde_Armitage and welcome to our Community! I moved your post to this thread in the same topic.

I understand that you and @DianaCarol are not happy with the change in the game. 

If you now have the new format and design of the game. Meaning you don't have the Saga map anymore, then the game is only available in portrait mode.

There are no plans to switch it back to the old mode, but I will pass on your feedback to the Game Studio.
  • DianaCarol
    DianaCarol Posts: 3 Newbie
    Thanks for acknowledging mine, and many others, concern.  I am not asking that you change your new format. I am only requesting that you make the adjustment that allows the App to rotate to landscape mode.   I think you are “politely” telling me to go play elsewhere.  I may; you are offering no choice.  

DianaCarol
  • Crazy Cat Lad
    @DianaCarol

I am not asking you to leave the game, I hope you will keep playing the game and rescue the pets. The new format can be a bit weird in the beginning and it can take some time to get used to the new format.

However, since there are no plans to change it back to the old format I just wanted to be honest and transparent that this may not change. 

Even though the new format will stay as it is at the moment, all your feedback is sent to the Game Studio and it's up to them how they will proceed with this. I am just doing my best to keep you informed with all the info about the game. 
  • willowgrace
    willowgrace Posts: 15 Level 2
    I would venture a guess that most people use their tablets in landscape mode. I use the stand feature and have not been able to find a cover that has a good portrait stand. Perhaps some research needs to be done. This is very awkward. I am trying to get used to it. The only other app I know of that won’t go landscape is Instagram. It frustrates me as well. Just my 2 cents I am on level 2767 so I play a lot!
  • wstrmyrr
    wstrmyrr Posts: 6 Level 2
    I don’t I think it’s a question of the new format being “a little weird” in the beginning...it’s just downright inconvenient for the iPad users.  And obviously, there’s a lot of us.  I no longer play like I used to, and have had to move on.  If that’s the new game plan, then so be it, and we appreciate you sending this feedback to the Game Studio.  Not sure it’s good for business, but if it’s not going to change, I guess they don’t mind losing us.
  • DianaCarol
    DianaCarol Posts: 3 Newbie
    Good morning, Crazy Cat Lad.  Thanks again for the response.  I realize you are just the messenger.  I think openness and transparency would be better served if we had been informed ahead of time of what was coming . . . just saying.  Have a pleasant day.

DianaCarol
  • willowgrace
    willowgrace Posts: 15 Level 2
    Is it my imagination or is landscape back? Waiting on next levels but the game launched in landscape today. Feeling optimistic!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?