WHy did I lose my 416 extra lives?

kjvawter
kjvawter Posts: 3 Newbie
I had over 416 extra lives and the envelope disappreared along with all of my extra lives.

Answers

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,657 Community Manager

We completely understand your disappointment at losing lives 

Lives are saved directly in your device's memory, which always allows you to use them while playing offline. This also means that if you delete and reinstall or there has been an update to the game, then lives can be lost.

It’s best not to store too many as there is a chance they may be lost, or affect the game play. But don’t worry, there are many ways to get more lives in the game, I'm sure your friends will help :)

• kjvawter
    I'm going to call a foul on that answer.. I've been playing this game for years and this is the first time I've  lost lives. Are you telling me  that this week was the first update to hit my computer?  I seem to recall that we can buy lives now. would that have anything to do with it? I'm surely not going to buy any lives only to have them disappear. Oh and buy the way.. I had 3 lives when I logged in this morning and they are now gone too. 

• Laura_J_Lewis
    Laura_J_Lewis Posts: 15 Level 2
    I lost all of my lives as well - didn't have quite as many, but it was well over 40 - now I have 1.  
  • Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    @kjvawter It is correct what QueenB said. 

Lives can occasionally be lost with an update of the game, when the game crashes, after clearing the cache on the browser you play on or clearing the cache in the mobile app. 

Lives can also be reset after various technical issues either in the browser you play on or on Facebook, or, if you play on mobile technical issues either in the game itself or on the mobile device you are playing on.

Bear in mind also that if you have hundreds of Lives stored for some time and do not use them, the game can also reset the mailbox to free some memory and improve the game's functionality. 

Lost Lives are not possible restore since they are free items sent between players, but I understand your disappointment over losing so many Lives. 

• kjvawter
    Well if the lives are stored on my device... why would you need to reset the mailbox to clear up space on my device. I was perfectly fine with my games functionality. There are so many bugs "problems" your working hard to fix, with this game a simple we had to do "_____" to fix "_____" and that's why you lost your lives would have been refreshing.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?