πŸ₯‡First positions in the Royal Championship? Share your screenshot and collect your badge!

Royal Championship - What do you think?

Options

Comments

• jjac272903
    jjac272903 Posts: 1,083 Level 3
    Options

@Leanna_Allen I'm sure the answer is going to be

for people in other countries you can do that or something of that sort. Or it could be something else. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

• ClarenceBeaks
    ClarenceBeaks Posts: 58 Level 2
    Options

In the spirit of @headoperations , I'm doing an experiment of my own this RC. I have two devices and I generally don't buy extra tickets/ 24hrs unlimited. Across those devices I generally place 1-3rd, probably at a rate of 1st: 50%; 2nd: 30%; 3rd: 20% however over the last month or so this is tilting towards more seconds than firsts. I'm generally winning by some margin, go to bed, wake up and find some player that was nowhere near the top has suddenly put on 500 points, obviously from going unlimited and grinding it out. The gap is too wide for me to catch up, the competition is over unless I'm prepared to go 24hrs unlimited, but even then I'm taking the chance that they don't continue to crunch away and I can't catch up.

So my experiment is this. I've entered on one device, started pretty well but I'm certain this is unwinnable as at least one player will go 24hrs unlimited across the 4 days. So from the off I'm playing for second with that device. But I like to win! So my plan involves my second device. I will wait until there is less than 24 hrs to go and then enter. This will mean I'm with 29 players that are not keen RCers like us lot and are very unlikely to be buying extra tickets - so it will be a fair race.

It's just unfortunate that I won't be able to play as much, and ironic that in order to win I have to play less.

Re the side debate about bots (player/speiler etc) - I don't think they are bots - they are just players that haven't made a name and get the default one (in their language). Some change has meant that they now have names or are no longer in the RC.

@LadyRaffie I can totally understand why you are trying to maintain posts on-topic, however this would be solved if you just gave us a general players' chat thread and we could take the general chat there. Also, thanks for noticing the idea about a competition to design boards. To anticipate the Studio's response to this, I would suggest they give us the standards that the boards have to meet, or even better an online tool to create and test boards. It would take some effort on their part but the payback would be some really creative boards from lovers of the game in this thread. One last point (and sorry I've made it before) - it's a simple feedback on format - the opponents number of jellies number is very hard to read because it's white font on green and small. Please change this, it's a critical number and mostly I'm guessing they have twentysomething....

Question to everyone - what's your special candy bank looking like now? I have over 20 of some of them. I hope in the future (after some changes) I'll be able to use them strategically, rather than now just using them when it's clear I've already won a tournament and I'm just mucking about/ testing things. I'd still love to know how many candies activate each booster blocker, anyone doing unlimited want to dedicate a couple of games to record this would be much appreciated!

• ClarenceBeaks
    Options

@headoperations thank you! You, from what I can tell, are the ideal person for this. More specifically I'm looking for the number of red or blue candies required to activate each booster - the first activation and then how many for subsequent activations. From what I can tell, the less powerful boosters/blockers are activated with less. For instance I think it's about 7+ blues to activate the cage. The fish net is at least 10+, maybe even 12+. Subsequent activations require less candies, although I'm not sure if this continues to decrease as occasionally you can get three or even four rounds of activation if you've got lucky at the beginning, got loads of blues/reds and activated say in the first couple of moves.

The reason these numbers are important is because it significantly influences the value of the special candie and also for calculating if you'll be able to activate a more powerful candie by the end of the game. I have tried to count this in my games but it's very hard with the limited time to think about the game and count the candies - you have to be sharp eyed when there's a tumble of candies.

• Leanna_Allen
    Leanna_Allen Posts: 1,169 Level 3
    Options
  • Leanna_Allen
    Options

The Jelly gods have forsaken me 😭

• Leanna_Allen
    Options

Since I'm playing unlimited and have a lot in booster bank...I'm doing my own little experiment and seeing how many times I can win using my preferred boosters of Lollypop's...Wish me luck πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

• Leanna_Allen
    Options

Well really no different...Won Five but there was no way I could win the 6th...No matter which booster I would have used. The odds were ever NOT in my favor..πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

• ClarenceBeaks
    Options

@headoperations a data point for you - I just activated a second cage with just 3 blue candies. I was pretty surprised it was as few as that and there was no tumble of candies so I'm almost certain it was just 3.

• skyking123
    skyking123 Posts: 156 Level 2
    Options

perhaps it has already been mentioned..... I have experienced the opponents board tumbling candies and spreading jelly even before they make a move. I understand it if I have made a move in the middle of the board however it happens when I have only moved on my side and not affecting anything in the middle. This morning I was on the new cotton candy board with absolutely nothing opened up in the middle when after I completed my 2 moves and it switched to opponents turn their candies came tumbling down spreading jelly as they fell. After that phenomenon they had their 2 turns to spread more. This should be stopped. It’s not a fair practice.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?