Statisically Speaking Update ...............
Did you know?
That the Statisically Speaking message was posted in our community in July 2019?
A statistical update would be interesting so below are some new 2021 statistics!
• There are more than 2.5 billion gamers around the world
• 38% of US gamers are aged between 18 and 34
• Video game industry statistics show that 64% of US adults and 70% of those under 18 play video games regularly
• Three-quarters of US households own a device that they use to play video games.
• There are 2 gamers in each game-playing household in the US
• There’s a second generation of gamers already coming of age – and it’s not unusual to find that parents and children share the same passion for video games
• The average gamer is 34 years old, owns a house, and has children
• The average female video game player is 36
• The average male video game player is 34
• Men are 3X more likely to purchase a game than women
• Smartphones and smartwatches accounted for more than 50% of the gaming market by the end of 2020
• 70% of parents say video games have a positive influence on their child’s life
• 67% of parents play video games with their children at least once a week
• 56% of the most frequent gamers play multiplayer games
• 35% of multiplayer gamers prefer shooter games (Source)
• 56% of these gamers play ten or more times weekly
• More than 90% of millennials use smartphones for gaming rather than personal computers
• Chinese mobile gamers exceeded 600 million in 2020
• 63% of all mobile gamers are women
• 64% of Candy Crush Saga players in 2020 were female
• The expected number of desktop gamers for 2021 is 1.4 billion
• King is one of the top five gaming companies. They created Candy Crush Saga and all its spinoffs (e.g. Candy Crush Soda, Candy Crush Jelly). Well done, King! (Source)
And now it's your turn!
Do you have any statistics that you would like to share?
If not, would you like to comment on any of these statistics?
Let's see how many pages this message can get!
**** Please check out the Community Poll – Share your age range so that we can view the age differences of playing our King games. ****