🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

Can't load Bubble Witch 3

Options
Auntie_Ck
Auntie_Ck Posts: 10 Level 2
Hi - For the past few weeks, I have been having trouble getting Bubble Witch 3 to LOAD on my iPhone 4 (iOS ver 7.1.2).  I also tried loading the game on an iPad Mini (1st gen, iOS ver 9.3.5).  It either stalls indefinitely or reverts back to the Home screen. For a while, I could get around it (sometimes) by double-clicking the Home button & tapping the still open game. Now, I CANNOT GET IT TO LOAD AT ALL.  Is there a reason BB3 is no longer playable on these admittedly older devices?

Answers

• Joseph45
    Joseph45 Posts: 1,582 Level 5
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to the sweetest community around! It looks like your question is regarding BubbleWitch3. This section of the community is specifically meant for questions and discussions regarding Candy Crush Friends Saga. If you need help navigating to the BubbleWitch3 Saga community, then go to the top of your screen and click on “games.” After you press this, there should’ve a list of all the available communities. Just scroll down until you see the community titled “BubbleWitch3 Saga.” After clicking on this, you should be taken to the home page of the community. Then just click on the “support” button, click on the section for “BubbleWitch3,” and post away! I will ask a community manager to move this to the BubbleWitch3 community for you.  Anyway, regarding your question, my advice would be to make sure that the software on your device, as well as the game itself, are both completely up to date. After checking this, make sure you clear cashe and cookies, and make sure that you have at least 2GB of Free storage space on your device. Also, check what year your device was manufactured. I’ve read before that if your device is older than two years since its manufacture, then your may experience some issues with how smooth the game runs. Finally, if this does not solve your problem, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Please make sure your progress is backed up to a Kingdom account or Facebook before proceeding with this step. It is also worth noting that any gifted lives and your boosters will be lost during this process, and these are not synchronized with your player profile. I hope this helps you! 
  • Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    Options
    Hey there :waving: I'm moving this thread to Bubble Witch Saga 3 page. I hope you're back playing soon! 

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,367 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options
    Just to add to what Joseph said, if you don't have any saved boosters and you have nothing else of great importance, sometimes doing a restore back to original settings helps, and only add back the apps you still use. At the very least I would remove any apps that you don't use because the older devices have less memory than the game needs to run. So the more apps, photos etc you have on it, the less space it has. 
    Unfortunately its likely even if you can get it to limp along that it will last much longer. I know when I bought OH's ipad, I looked at the ipad 4 and even that was debatable whether it would run the things he likes to use and he doesn't use much at all. That is the problem with technology, as it evolves the apps have to as well. 
  • Auntie_Ck
    Options
    THANK YOU!! Joseph45 & Jelly Jenny for reposting my question to the proper game.  I had clicked on a link from an old support msg & didn't notice it wasn't for BubbleWitch3.  I had been trying all the blog tips before posting - restarting the device, deleting optional apps & stored items, etc. and also deleting & redownloading BB3.  Chicken Slayer put it well (THANKS ALSO).  "Limp along" is what it's been doing for a while, until now it only goes as far as the screens w/ the daily gift, etc., but won't load any playable levels. *sigh*

QUESTION for Jelly Jenny:  Is there any way to download & install an EARLIER VERSION of the game??  I would disable the Auto-Update & am guessing it might work as before.  My iPhone 4 & iPad Mini work fine otherwise, so I know it's not the hardware & am guessing it must be the recent versions of BB3, likely geared towards later iOS, that is preventing the game from functioning on my iOS 7.1.2 (iPh 4) & 9.3.5 (iPad Mini).
  • Auntie_Ck
    Options
    So here's interesting.  After weeks of frustration & practically abandoning BB3 in favor of other games on my old iPad Mini & iPh4, I tried it again & noticed yesterday (5/17/2019) that it's working again on both devices!  I still had both devices set for autom app updates. I see that the latest version update went into effect on 5/13/2019. I can only surmise that something in that update must've fixed the problem I was having getting any playable levels to load.
  • Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,367 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options
    @Auntie_Ck I am so glad that the new update has solved it!
    I would still advise that you keep apps to a minimum and that should hopefully keep it going for as long as you can :) 
  • Auntie_Ck
    Options
    Thanks Chicken Slayer!  Yup, had already done that before I started posting the issue. BB3 is the ONLY optional app on my old iPad Mini & iPh 4. :-]  I use them as game-only devices so I don't need to switch back & forth from ph calls/txts & other interruptions(!) from my real phone. LOL. Game on!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?