🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

How do I update my BW3 on Windows 10 for PC???

katarany
katarany Posts: 88 Level 3
edited October 2020 in Support

How do I update my BW3 game to the most recent version on Windows 10 for PC???

Comments

• aijaziqbal
    aijaziqbal Posts: 8,884 Sweet Legend

Hi and welcome.

If you are using app on W 10. You can look for the app update in microsoft app store.

And if you are using a browser. You can clear cache/history and refresh the page. Or look for the browser update. You should also update your win 10 operating system.

I am also tagging our superstar @KimElston for further assistance in this regard.

Thanks and stay safe.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 11,816 Level 2

Hi @katarany!

ℹ️ To get the latest version of the Game, go to the Microsoft Store HERE.

• If you don’t want to login to Facebook every time you want to play BW3 or if the Game doesn’t load or keeps crashing for you on Facebook, you can also download it directly to your computer if you have Windows 10. Many of the challenges, bonuses and extra features are not available on Facebook, but you'll have them when playing on mobile or via the Windows app.
    • By connecting the Windows App to your Facebook you'll have the progress synced between Facebook & the Windows App.

🔮 Once you've updated your Game, you will:

• See a brand new start up image.
    • Now only be offered 1 colour choice when the Orb is full. If you can use that colour you will be then be given back 2 colour choices. If you can't, then you have to use the Orb.
  • katarany
    edited October 2020

Thanks for the responses so far @aijaziqbal and @frenioz00

I already know how to go to the Microsoft store. And I have done that. But I do not know how to find the "app update in microsoft app store" once I get to the site. I can't find a button to push that will update BW3. The best I can do is try to re download the game in the hope that it will give me a new and updated version. But all I get for doing that is a message that tells me I already have the game. (I know that!)

As for updating my Windows 10... I am currently using version 2004 which came out in May 2020. Microsoft has not yet offered me the latest version - 20H2 - which was released in October 2020. But I understand that "Microsoft rolls them out slowly over time, after both Microsoft and the various PC manufacturers check to see if they cause problems with different hardware configurations" <https://www.howtogeek.com/343979/what-is-the-latest-version-of-windows-10/>

Although the website I found tells me how to over-ride this and get the update sooner, I am reluctant to do so before it is offered to me (at which time my pc will automatically instal it) because I may cause problems that I do not have the technical capability of correcting.

So, unless one of you helpful people can tell me precisely where to look on the app store, it looks like I can't play the latest version of BW3 at the moment. (Or maybe never.)

Thanks for trying to help me though, I do appreciate it and will certainly be interested if you have anything further to offer. But I can't yet push any buttons saying that my problem here is solved. (At the moment I can't even find any buttons to push even if it was solved). :)

ETA. OK So I worked out how to update apps from the Microsoft store. I used a handy tutorial at https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-manual-search-app-updates-windows-store/ website to do it. But the weird thing is that BW3 does not come up as having an available update on my computer even though the store previously told me that I have it installed. Is it possible that the update is not yet available to Australia (where I live)? I don't think I can do any more at this stage but I sure have learned a lot. Thanks again guys.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 11,816 Level 2

Hi there again @katarany!

Hmm, sorry that didn't help.

💡 Let's see if some CMs, Superstars and/or Game Experts can help you any further. 📨 Tagging @LadyRaffie, @QueenB, @KimElston, @Sukanta_Biswas, @kaiser1618, @sakura & @paul5473 to see if you can help this fellow Member enjoy the latest version of BW3.

• katarany

Thank-you @frenioz00 You really are a legend 😀

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager

Hi @katarany 😀

I was sure apps from Microsoft Store would update automatically 🤔 Are you trying to update the game in order to get more levels or are you having issues with the game?

I can check if you have the latest version of you can tell me which one you have installed. According to Google, this is how you find the game app version:

Open the app that you are interested in and then look for the Settings button. It should be somewhere in the user interface. Click or tap on it and then look for the About section. Click or tap About and there you will find the version of the application that you are using.

Thanks 😉

• katarany

Hi @QueenB

Thanks for trying to help me out with this. I have not reached the limit of my levels yet and I really do not mind if my bubbles don't all change to one colour when I fill an orb. BUT... I think it would be nice if I could play the Cauldron Classic. And I cannot do that right now. It just doesn't appear in my game. So I am wondering if my version of the game will not support Cauldron Classic.

But I do not know what version I have. I cannot find a settings button except for one that asks me to enter my pw (I can't remember it and don't want to fiddle about trying to reset it if I don't have to). There is no sign of any 'About' button anywhere that I can see. So if you can check the version I am playing, that would be a good start I guess.

Meantime I shall just keep playing yesterdays version of the game. It's still fun. Thanks again for trying to help.

Kat

• katarany

Latest update on my issue. The latest version of Bubble Witch 3 is only compatible with iPhone and Android devices. It is not compatible with Windows 10 on pc. I play on Windows 10 on pc and therefore I can not get the latest version of the game.

End of story!

• PrettyBubbles
    PrettyBubbles Posts: 23,211 Bubble Witch Moderator

@katarany I have been reading through your issue thanks by the way @aijaziqbal for your help and your tag.

It seems that nothing seems to be working for you and could just be down to you having to wait for the next update.

In the meantime if you want to send your game ID as our magical @QueenB can find a lot about your game. She may then be able to help you further 👍🙂

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager

Sorry to hear you're still having issues but where do you see this information? If you're getting any messages from the game app from Windows 10 platform, can you share it with us here so we can have a look?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?