🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Frosty Flurry contest question

Options
Kerrie
Kerrie Posts: 2,152 Level 4

Hello, I need some help please.

I've looked around and can't find any details on the Frosty Flurry contest. I find the new layout much harder to use so that could be the reason.

I'd like some details about it and how it works. I was in first place when it went away last time and I'm in first again with the same score. I don't recall getting anything for first place when it ended either. Not saying I didn't I just don't remember.

Can someone help me find the location with the details please. Thanks😊

Comments

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,487 Friends Moderator
    Options

@Kerrie, we didn't discuss this in-game event in detail, so you won't find any details on the forum (or it was long before my time). 

I can only tell you so much that it changes weekly. Sometimes you have to collect stars (like last week), sometimes you collect ice cream cones.

You will only see the ice cream cones in new levels. They can hang on any candy.

I'll try to post a screenshot from my game later. to show you what the ice cream cones look like.

Otherwise, ask me if you need further explanations.

• Kerrie
    Options

I have the ice cream cones now. I'm confused why I started with the same number the last one ended. The other players numbers didn't change at all. I don't recall getting rewards either.

Oh and after reinstalling I didn't start at zero either. I thought that was strange.

I'll pay closer attention this time.

• Kerrie
    Options

I have a couple more questions you can answer. How many levels are there currently in Friends? Only new levels count towards Dach's correct.

I think I'm only going to play new levels when Dach's is in progress if I'm close to the end. If players are at the end they're missing out and not helping as much since only new levels count.

There seems to be some issues with Frosty Flurry right now so not going to worry about it.

Does Star Chaser count on replayed levels if you get a better score?

Thanks

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hi Kerrie

Since the same thing happened to me I'm jumping into the conversation 😀

What you saw was a glitch, the event is not supposed to work like that. 😅

The leaderboard is supposed to reset each week, either it's Tiffy Star chaser or Frosty flurry contest.

when the event begins a new round, the leaderboard shouldn't display players' points collected the week before and previous leaderboard positions.

I experienced the same thing as you did last week, the event started with players having leaderboad positions of previous week but I think the Studio realized what was happening because I noticed the event got "unstuck" from its limbo eventually, let me claim the prize with an extra lollipop hammer and then went away. I'm happy I got something 😅 At least this is what happened to me, I didn't contact Player Support.

cc @DieOmimi

• DieOmimi
    Options

@Kerrie, the number of levels varies per platform. On Win10 / Win 11 there are 6020 levels, on mobile devices 60 less.

Dachs has been active since today. When you're at the end of the map, your last level counts for Dachs. You can complete all tasks, except when new classic levels have to be completed. For Dachs, it also counts if you have the task "Collect 100 new stars" if you improve on old levels. It is also counted for the Star Chaser. 

If you have Sweat Streak, you won't get pre-game boosters at your last level.

@Pitty_Kitty @Kerrie, yes Frosty Flurry sometimes doesn't work properly. This also happens with me in the game. Then I have the same phenomenon that I see an old leaderboard. 

• Kerrie
    Options

***Telling you so maybe you can pass it on to wherever it needs to go, please. Wish I could tag instead of replying. I have to refresh my page all the time to get my messages. I saved comment this comment then tried to see if it opened but it didn't so I need to refresh. If I go to next page in thread I can get them either.***

I want to understand this correctly, I play on Android. Say I passed 5960 and Dachs starts the next day I can replay 5960 as many times as I want to and it will count towards Dach's. Is this correct?

Thanks DieOmimi 😊

• Kerrie
    Options

When I complete a level I should stop it instead of letting it clear the board. So basically try not to get 3 stars so I can go back and improve on played levels. Darn I always let it go after winning but not anymore.🤭

Thank you again, you're helping me a lot and I appreciate you doing that.🥰

• DieOmimi
    edited December 2022
    Options

@Kerrie, yes, Dachs tasks (without new classic levels) count towards level 5960 if it's your last level. If you're at the top of the map, get the badges as well, here.

You can also collect ice cream cones at this level, but only if you win.

Don't worry if tags don't work at the moment. This happens to many of us on the phone. A fix is already in the works, but it may take some time until everything works smoothly. If you answer I will also receive the message. Otherwise, I go through our forum several times a day and see if anyone needs help. Just takes a little longer.

• Kerrie
    Options

I'm only on 5281 right now so I have some time yet. Just trying to plan ahead, if possible.

• Kerrie
    Options

Hi, FYI I just tagged hudus and Amoonmoon in another thread and tried to tag you but it didn't work. I refreshed tpage but didn't help.🤷 Only passing it on in case you think it should be passes on.

The reason I wanted you was I have some questions I'm hoping you can answer for me

Can you earn gold bars in Friends? In CC, Soda and Jelly there's a weekly race you can win them. Does Friends have anything like that?

Can I use gold bars to buy lives or are extra moves all you can use them on? I looked around but couldn't find anything else.

I'm only getting ads for extra moves once every 5-7 losses and it's usually just 2 moves. I'm almost out of boosters now and want to get more.

Since I don't receive lives from my friends list I want to keep the ones I have.

Thanks for your help.🥰

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?