Answers

• backwoodsgirls3
    backwoodsgirls3 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Please help ! I a was able to receive friends but then it stopped

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 10,704 Friends Moderator
    Options

Hello @jessicaanndeakin84 and @backwoodsgirls3. Welcome to our Friendtastic community!

The sending and receiving functionality in Candy Crush Friends Saga recently got enhanced. This change may be rolled out at different times to users. Check to make sure you have the latest version of this game -- I have version 1.96.1

To request lives, you must be able to find the usernames for your friends in the list provided, or you can request lives from the entire list. Unfortunately, there is no way to add specific friends to these lists in Candy Crush Friends Saga at this time. My list is full of random players as well as some that I recognize as friends.

Whenever I get requests for lives from random players or friends, I send them. Be sure your friends look for your requests for lives in the upper left corner of their screens.

I trust you already know how to request lives. As an example, when I had less than full lives, I clicked on the "+" sign near my lives counter and found that a known friend (not a random player) had sent me a life.

The Studio is aware of player interest to have more robust functionality for sending and receiving lives. So, we are optimistic that improvements will continue to be made.

• Crusher-11
    Crusher-11 Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

My friends list is BLANK! I keep asking game support for help and they are useless. They send the same canned answer then want to close my help ticket. Why create a new game that doesn’t function properly?

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 10,704 Friends Moderator
    edited April 14
    Options

Hello @Crusher-11 and Welcome to our Friendtastic community!

Unfortunately, the functionality for sending and receiving lives in Candy Crush Friends Saga is not very robust. However, that does not explain why you have no friends -- they are typically randomly assigned. I will include our standard troubleshooting steps to see if they will get your friends list populated:

• Ensure your Internet connection is stable.
    • Close any other running apps and restart the game to help load the event smoothly.
    • Update both your game and device to the latest versions for optimal performance. I have my games set to automatically update and am currently running CCFS version 3.12.0
    • Check the amount of free memory on your device. You need at least 2 GB.
    • Clear the cache (don't clear data!) on your device. We warn against clearing your data because that is where your boosters are stored.
    • Close all other running apps and then turn off your device. Keep it off for at least 10 seconds (some recommend a full minute) before restarting your device.
    • Before you open the game, go to Settings (the gear) and Help (the question mark). When the help page opens, a connection to the server is established and you can close the help page again.

If these steps don't solve the problem, do you have the option to login on a different device to see if you have the same problem?

We don't recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game because your boosters are stored on your device and will be lost if you delete the game. In contrast, your gold bars and progress are stored at King, so it is important to save your progress there.

If you have the Dachs Delivery Service event in your game, you might want to join an existing team to get friends. You can find or join a team by tapping HERE (the later pages have the most recent posts)

Also, I have created an IDEA to bring greater focus on the send/receive friends issue. You can find the idea HERE. I will appreciate your vote for this idea if you agree with it. The voting button is located in the lower left corner of the original post.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?