A word was not accepted?!

Options
QueenMia
QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
edited November 2018 in Support

Let us know by commenting which level and which word below and we will let the Studio know!
Thank you :)

Comments

• carolmarie
    carolmarie Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    The word nationalities will not be accepted nor would nationality. I have been stuck at this horrible level for way too long. I like this game above all your others but...
  • LBinMIA2016
    LBinMIA2016 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
     The game has a bug in it. On the games where you need to find a word (with the ? Icon) you are given a blank tile after a words is found and you are sent to the next word. The blank tiles do not work. You can select them but you will not see the asterisk as you try and spell the word, so it doesn’t recognize it as a word. E.g., try to spell CAT, instead of C*T you get CT.  It works for the blank tiles that are white and drop in as part of the game, but not for the gold tiles that are given to you if a word is found and you need to move to the next word. 
  • abe_coffee
    abe_coffee Posts: 1,976 Level 5
    Options

this bug has been reprorted recently ...
    ... it happens with find-the-letters levels
    ... unfortunately there may not be any desire to fix any bugs with ABS
    ... this glitch can be beneficial if you like to score a lot of points
    ... most blank gold tiles are not recognized as part of a new word
    ... however when a defective blank gold tile is placed anywhere in a new word the score for that word doubles for each gold tile
    ... there is an example ... open in a new tab or a new window
    ... http://www.screenshotabe.com/tilesGoldBroken.php

• nBoo
    nBoo Posts: 110 Kingster
    Options
    Hey everyone, let me shed some light on how Alphabetty works under the hood.
    The dictionaries do NOT include words of 11 letters or more. That's why n-a-t-i-o-n-a-l-i-t-y (11 letters) is not detected as a valid word.
    That happens for historical tech reasons, and is an undesirable situation. Unfortunately we're not actively looking at fixing it at the moment, as it would involve redoing the dictionaries and changing logic.
    The intended way to make 10, 11 and 12 letter words is by having words with crowns.

Extra tip: If your word includes a line blast, and this line blast breaks crowns, this crowns count towards the goal! So you could potentially have a 3 letter word that had a line blast breaking 10 crowns and it would be a 13-letter word! That's why there's so many moves in the level (we're gradually increasing them) and the reason why there's so much space!

Good luck word-hunters!
  • LBinMIA2016
    LBinMIA2016 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    @abe_coffee. Thanks for the feedback, however I can't understand why you wouldn't want to fix a bug. There are times I need the blank tile to create a word. I recently had a bomb go off and lost 2 turns because my only option included a blank tile that I could not use. It seems small, but a bug ruins the experience if you cannot create a word in any situations, especially if it is supposed to be part of the game. It's frustrating. 
  • abe_coffee
    abe_coffee Posts: 1,976 Level 5
    Options

let us ask someone at king if this will be fixed
    until then you can get big scores if you understand the bug and take advantage of the bug

• LouMamou
    LouMamou Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

On level 345, the word "lede" was not accepted. As in "that story buried the lede."

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @LouMamou and welcome to our Community!

I am not able to find "lede" in the English dictionary.

• LouMamou
    LouMamou Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

I find that very puzzling. What country are you located in? I see it in the Oxford English Dictionary and in the Merriam Webster dictionary. In the US I just Googled "define lede" and there were many definitions like the one that I gave you in my original message.

• fentrick
    fentrick Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have had the word luddite not accepted on level 751.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?