🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

(FINISHED) Share your favorite chocolate recipes!

Comments

• RbCloyne
    RbCloyne Posts: 7 Level 2
    Unfortunately, I can’t find one, my baking skills are better than my picture filing system!
  • tonnicantrell
    tonnicantrell Posts: 4 Newbie
    Cracker Candy

I sleeve saltine crackers
    1 cup butter
    1 cup packed brown sugar 
    1 package your favorite chocolate chips 

Preheat oven to 350°.
    Lay crackers side by side on a 13x9 cookie sheet and set aside.
    In a heavy sauce pan, melt butter and mix in the brown sugar. Bring yo a boil over medium low heat. Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over crackers and bake at 350 for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately pour the chocolate chips on top. Spread evenly over crackers. Refrigerate (or freeze If you can't wait) til chilled. Break apart. ENJOY!
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
  • _Elsa_
    Hi @tonnicantrell, I found your exact recipe on Google so I am adding the image that goes with it.  Thanks for contributing!

• Spiffie02
    Spiffie02 Posts: 24 Level 2
    Here's mine:

Triple Chocolate Cookies:

1 package of your favorite chocolate   cookies (or you can use a recipe from here to make your own)

1 package chocolate chips

Chocolate Sprinkles

melt chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stove.(I usually do it then seconds at a time until they are melted.) 

quickly dip a cookie into the chocolate. If the chocolate hardens, melt it for a few more seconds.

sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles and maybe some chocolate chips.

Note: the reason this recipe does not have precise measurements is that I just use however much I think I will need.
    Tip: start small. You can always make more.

• Spiffie02
    Spiffie02 Posts: 24 Level 2
    I hope I'm not too late to participate!
  • _Elsa_
    No you are not too late at all.  Do you have a picture to go along with your recipe?

• _Elsa_
    Hi @Spiffie02, here is a picture to go along with your recipe.

• _Elsa_
    edited August 2019
    If you have never tried this chocolate snack, then you are missing out on something great!

Chocolate Covered Potato Chips

Ingredients:

1 bag of ridged potato chips

1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

In double boiler add the bag of chocolate chips.  Heat stirring constantly until morsels are melted smooth.  With tongs dip chips one at a time into chocolate. Set individual chips on a sheet of parchment paper. Keep cool until ready to serve.

Optional Toppings - Crushed pretzels, chopped peanuts, or flaky sea salt

• _Elsa_
    edited August 2019
    And I have never tried this but I've heard that it's out of this world!

Chocolate Covered Bacon

Ingredients:

1 lb thick bacon, 12-16 slices

8 oz white chocolate, see note

8 oz semisweet chocolate, or milk chocolate

2 tbsp coconut oil, optional

Optional Toppings - shredded coconut, chopped almonds, pistachios, Oreo cookies, crumbled, sprinkles, rainbow, nonpareils etc.

Instructions:

Cook bacon until crispy following package directions, i.e. using a skillet or in the oven or microwave.  Use paper towels to dab away excess fat from the bacon after cooking. Then set aside.  Place white chocolate and 1 tbsp coconut oil into a microwaveable bowl. Microwave at 50% power in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring each time.  Place semisweet or milk chocolate into a separate bowl and melt the same way.  Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and place the bacon strips on top.  Brush or spoon one type of melted chocolate onto the bacon to cover. Then decorate with optional toppings and/or drizzle some of the other chocolate on top.  Place baking sheet in the fridge for 15 minutes to set and then serve.

Notes:

Any type of bacon will work including turkey bacon.

Baking chocolate is ideal, as it'll be easier to apply to the bacon. Chocolate chips are also possible but can be thick, so add 1 tbsp coconut oil for spreadability.

You can also melt the chocolate in a double boiler instead of the microwave if you prefer.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?