How do I change permission settings so I can see my friends?

Options
DLSDET_
DLSDET_ Posts: 1 Newbie

I get the error message "you must change your permission settings" How and where do I do that?

Answers

• Randle
    Randle Posts: 1,977 Level 2
    Options

Hey, do you play this on your mobile connected to your Facebook? If so, then go on your Facebook page to the little black arrow top right on your screen. Choose 'settings' and select 'apps.' Then click the game of your choice and revise all the questions regarding visibility etc.

• wolfmom21fl
    wolfmom21fl Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hey, do you play this on your mobile connected to your Facebook? If so, then go on your Facebook page to the little black arrow top right on your screen. Choose 'settings' and select 'apps.' Then click the game of your choice and revise all the questions regarding visibility etc.

doesnt work
  • lorelei63
    lorelei63 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

doesnt work

I have changed the settings and it still shows up in my leader board.  Also unable to send or see friends anymore.
  • PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 35,393 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hello @lorelei63, Hearty Welcome to the Alpha Betty section of our friendly King Community :)

Can you please tell me which device you are using to play the game?  Is it a PC or a mobile device?  

Also can you provide a screenshot of how it shows in the screen?  

** It you tap on "Type your Comment" box located below, you will be able to write back :+1:

Talk to you soon!  Have a great day/evening!
  • Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi @lorelei63 @PummyRaj !

If your friends have disappeared or Lives cannot be sent/ received you will need to reset the settings and permission for the game to access your Facebook friends and data. 

The settings needs to be reset on Facebook on a computer no matter what device/s you play on. 

1. If you play on mobile first disconnect the game from Facebook under the game's settings. Then force close the app on your mobile device and restart the device. If you play only on Facebook, jump to step 2 straight away. 

2. Login to Facebook on a computer (not possible on a mobile device) and remove the game under Settings and Apps on this page:  
    https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications 

3. Reinstall the game back again on your Facebook and accept/ click OK on all requirement that pop up and do not edit any settings if the games asks you that.  

4. Open the game on your mobile if you play on mobile as well and reconnect it to Facebook on the Start Menu or under the game settings.

I hope this helps! 

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 35,393 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Thank you very much for the detailed explanation @Crazy Cat Lad 🤗 🙏🏻

Have a wonderful weekend!
  • lorelei63
    lorelei63 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I did as instructed by Crazy Cat Lad and unfortunately it's still the same. I mostly play on a PC/Win10 and that is where this problem lies.  Here is a screen shot of the permission settings. Also keep in mind I can't see or send anything to my friends.  Included screen shot of that too.  Everything on my mobile works perfectly.  I'm stumped.

• Katherine_Lane
    Katherine_Lane Posts: 17 Level 2
    Options
    This is also on the MAC.  The change your permission shows and when you click the link it does nothing.  Was there a solution to this problem??
  • Katherine_Lane
    Katherine_Lane Posts: 17 Level 2
    Options
    Oh and by the way, I did remove the app and reinstall.  Didn't help.
  • abe_coffee
    abe_coffee Posts: 1,976 Level 5
    Options

there is another approach to this problem

background ... I play with 40 PC players

the group consensus is 'just ignore the permissions error message until it goes away'

sometimes it starts working right away - sometimes it goes away after a few days

the most likely cause is that the facebook connection is not working

this is most likely a facebook error(not a king problem)

king sees an error but gives a bogus message ... oops
    apologies for the 'do nothing' approach(it eventually works, however)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?