level 1492 impossible with only 10 moves and needing 5 to win

Answers

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Nikolaos_Prodromidis Posts: 5,521 Level 5
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi @JaneNichols and welcome to our Community! 😃

I passed this level last week and I replayed it just now to help you! 🙂

The tip is to let Larry do a lot of job for you! Let him clear a lot of blockers and make some blue monklings, it helps!

The point is that you have to send down the last orange monkling! The orange colorbombs are very helpful! 👍

I did not use any boosters! 😉

• NamTruong2001
    NamTruong2001 Posts: 4,230 Level 5
    Options
  • tinytina99
    tinytina99 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
  • Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    edited January 2022
    Options

@tinytina99, this is really strange!

As you see in my previous screenshot and as @NamTruong2001 said, you need only one!

The moves also, are not 10, but 18!

Look at this screenshot:

@Lady_Sarina, what do you think?

• tinytina99
    tinytina99 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

This makes me want to delete the game. I know there are many extremely hard levels and I love the challenge. But the way this level is set, it is IMPOSSIBLE to pass.

• NamTruong2001
    NamTruong2001 Posts: 4,230 Level 5
    Options

Maybe some users have a different version but others don't.

I see why @tinytina99 's level was changed. As far as I see, some cannons have been added, cyan and orange candies always spawn in all column. Maybe the candy requirement has also reduced. Just let Liquorice Larry make his monklings to fill in the empty space (at least 6) and you just do the rest as fast as possible.

• Andres-2
    Andres-2 Posts: 4,326 Level 5
    Options

Hi @tinytina99 Since my level only needs 1 monk and has 18 moves, try clearing the cache and checking for game updates, remember to turn the device on and off after doing so.

Latest version of the game 2.79.9

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 131 Level 5
    Options

Sorry but I'm not far there in the game ye, I'm only on 1142 and i'm stuck

• Lady_Sarina
    Lady_Sarina Posts: 5,617 Level 5
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi @tinytina99

You're right. This one is hard and labelled super hard in my game, which is the older version.

The suggestions given to you above are great and the new placement of the candy canons is much more helpful. Probably why the amount of Monklings has been increased to 5 also.

I start with 18 moves & can see you have 10 in your screenshot. Am thinking you started with more than 10 though due to having 2 fish already created & another fish match ready to be made & the 2 cages removed? The bottom left Colouring Candy is also Orange in your game, where mine is blue.

If possible, matching a striped candy with a fish, will usually take out the top row, horizontally. This is great for dropping the blue C/Candy from the top right corner. Creating Fish is helpful in this level & is Larry's "go to" move here. Better though if you can match a fish with a striped candy or wrapped candy, for opening up the board to create space.

Setting the fish up for Larry to use is also helpful, as he usually won't take advantage of a striped candy set up. These he may, more often than not, prefer the 3 candy match and thereby, thwart your game play.

Since you need 5 Monklings in the new layout, don't be afraid to use the Orange C/Candies yourself. Conserving moves is better on this board. Saving them for creating fish, fish combos or Colouring Candy matches. Creating space is a big thing on this board, especially in the top 2 lines, where the candy canons are placed.

Even better, if you can, are striped candy & wrapped candy combos👍

Hope this helps a little. Nice sharing tips with you though and please let us know how you go. 🌻

• Nikolaos_Prodromidis
    Options

Hi everybody!

The blockers also are different in the two versions!

Now, my question is if this change to the level was nesessary!

I like things in games to stay "as is" and I think this is more fair to all players, because others have already passed the level, others try now and others will be there next week, month, year, etc! 😉

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?