⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

ios 9 update can't connect with Facebook

Connie_Kudura
Connie_Kudura Posts: 4 Newbie

Have done the tips on your video, have uninstalled/reinstalled, CC won't connect to Facebook, my facebook page flashes up on the screen, then get "can't connect, the link isn't working" message.

Answers

• Crusher18
    Crusher18 Posts: 1,286 Level 2

@Connie- Are you having this problem on any other apps or only Candy Crush? Do you try and connect to Facebook when you have a strong wifi connection? Is anyone else here having this problem since the iOS update? 

• Connie_Kudura

Problem is only with Candy Crush when it attempts to link with Facebook. Facebook app alone works fine. Yes, I have a strong wifi. This was on my ipad. As a test, I downloaded both facebook and CC to my iPhone (also updated to ios 9), and the same behavior happened. I get a message that the "link doesn't work" to facebook, even though the my facebook page initially flashes on the screen before the error message.

• Crusher18
    Crusher18 Posts: 1,286 Level 2

I just tested the same on my phone (I just updated to ios 9 too) and Candy Crush asks me to allow it to open up Facebook. It then opens the app. Are you logged into Facebook before you try and connect your game? I wondered if this might make a difference. Let me know. :-) 

• Connie_Kudura

Yes I am logged into Facebook. when i ask CC to "connect" to Facebook, my facebook page shows briefly (for less than a second), then I get the message error that the link won't work. Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling both facebook and CC several times. As i said, the Facebook app itself works OK by itself. CC just can't get into it. Thanks for any ideas you can suggest.

• Remener
    Remener Posts: 1 Newbie

@Connie- Are you having this problem on any other apps or only Candy Crush? Do you try and connect to Facebook when you have a strong wifi connection? Is anyone else here having this problem since the iOS update? 

Candy crush opens and everything updates except lives. I get notified in facebook lives have been sent but none appear in game. Only candy crush is doing this. Using iPad mini with iOS 9.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?