⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Game won't load without connecting to facebook.

Kathleen-2
Kathleen-2 Posts: 7 Level 2

Why won't my game load unless I connect to Facebook? Just started 2 days ago. Frustrating. I prefer to play not connected to facebook.

Best Answer

• StuckInATree
    StuckInATree Posts: 4,755 Level 3
    Answer ✓

Damn, does that happen to you every time? There's a way to reset your connection with FB using a web browser rather than the App, it's worked for a few people in my group with issues around connecting to FB so it's where I would start.

You need to log out of your FB App and uninstall it. Once you've done that open up a web browser and go to FB and log in, once it's logged in open up the game and click "Connect", it will bring up the web browser and connect you from there. See how it is after that, once that's done you can install the FB app again.

If that doesn't work i'd wipe the game off your tablet and reinstall again just in case it's to do with a damaged file.

Let me know how it goes Kathleen, I'll ask around see if there's anything else we could try.

Answers

• StuckInATree

That's strange, it's not a requirement normally, it's just there to sync progress. What happens when you open and play the game offline? So does that mean your stuck at the first screen where it says "Play" and "Connect" or is the loading issue further on? I'll ask in my group to see if anyone has had anything similar.

• Kathleen-2

It goes to the map screen, but there are no levels, just a long winding road with nothing on it. Won't let me move or change anything. I have to kill the app, reboot, connect to FB, then it's fine.

• StuckInATree
    Answer ✓

Damn, does that happen to you every time? There's a way to reset your connection with FB using a web browser rather than the App, it's worked for a few people in my group with issues around connecting to FB so it's where I would start.

You need to log out of your FB App and uninstall it. Once you've done that open up a web browser and go to FB and log in, once it's logged in open up the game and click "Connect", it will bring up the web browser and connect you from there. See how it is after that, once that's done you can install the FB app again.

If that doesn't work i'd wipe the game off your tablet and reinstall again just in case it's to do with a damaged file.

Let me know how it goes Kathleen, I'll ask around see if there's anything else we could try.

• Kathleen-2

Thanks so much for the ideas. I'll try them this weekend.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?