Level 1575

crusher-13
crusher-13 Posts: 8 Level 2

In over 300 rounds of play (yeah, I feel really dumb for sticking with it that long, but I got curious), via Facebook on a Mac, Firefox or Chrome, I have not only not passed this level, but have only three times gotten a score above 40,000--much less the required 72,000. It's the usual: few points awarded for combinations; time bonus candies are minimal if they fall at all (and often there are none in a round); there's only one possible combination per turn until well into the game; the board resets itself frequently during a round, claiming no additional combinations are possible; bonus candies are useless. It seems that the last series of complaints about this level took place seven or eight months ago, but there's been no fix. Well, one more addictive habit bites the dust. Remember, King, you kicked me off with an impossible level--I didn't go willingly.

Answers

• StuckInATree
    StuckInATree Posts: 4,755 Level 3

So what needs fixing in the level exactly, the score required to pass or are you saying the board is shuffling saying there is no combination possible when there are?

• crusher-13
    crusher-13 Posts: 8 Level 2
    edited November 2016

StuckInATree,  I don't know what needs fixing. I'm not a programmer. I can only describe the playing experience. I think my comments state pretty clearly what has happened during several hundred rounds of play. As I said...

There are a variety of factors not in play: frequent failure of any extra-time candies to fall during a round; minimal points awarded for knockouts--with or without special candies; frequently only one option for a move on the board at a time; constant board reshuffling (and no--the board only reshuffles when no moves are available, but that may happen between one and five times per round). Using bonus candies has no discernible effect because, for one thing, the setup of the board requires their explosion during the first couple of turns.

Some players who have passed this level have recommended strategies, but the limitations of the game itself, as I have experienced it, don't make those strategies possible. During these rounds of play, as I said, my score has only rarely gone above 40,000 and it generally hangs in the 20,000s as best.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?