error validating access token

Options
santora
santora Posts: 8 Level 2

Every 60 days I get an error message on my tablet: "error validating access token - session has expired".  I actually don't know why I need an access token now, I never used to.  Anyway, I have to uninstall the game and reinstall it, and then I loose all my lives, gold bars, and boosters.  This time I tried to find a way to get a new access token and did.  I went and renewed my access token on my PC, however the tablet still does not recognize it.  I have restarted the tablet.  I have tried all the directions and I cannot sign in to Facebook from my tablet in Candy Crush.  There has to be a solution for this problem.  Please help.

Answers

• JillyJill
    JillyJill Posts: 966 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Hi santora,

Thank you for contacting King Care! I'm sorry to hear you're having these issues while trying to log in, I've never heard of this token situation, also don't know why this is happening every 60 days! I would try clearing your cache for the game and history for your browser. There are some better tips on these threads I'll post below. I hope the tips work for you! 

https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/lost-your-connection-to-facebook-android

https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/loading-crashing-issues-android

Let me know if any of these tips work out for you,

Jilly 

• santora
    edited May 2017
    Options

Jilly Jill, I have already tried all the things in your links, numerous times. Clearing cache just removes boosters, etc. Force stop doesn't work. Don't know what the access token is. I don't know why i get that error message. I have plenty of space and have had no problems with this games for years until recently. Nothing works except the uninstall and reinstall, and as i said when i do that i lose where i am in the game, my lives, boosters and gold bars. I cannot be the only person that has this issue... 

• JillyJill
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi santora,

This might be an obvious question, but are all your apps up to date:(facebook &candy crush) also, is your tablet's software up to date? You shouldn't lose any gold bars while uninstall/reinstalling the game. Those gold bars and your progress are the only things that stay as boosters and lives are stored locally and those you lose unfortunately. I play on an Android tablet as well, I've never seen this error nor have I seen others have this issue. But of course I believe you! I am stumped on this, I will try and get a King Care admin/moderator to look into this for you. They should contact you hopefully by tomorrow. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Jilly

• JillyJill
    edited May 2017
    Options

Santora,

Since the access code has to do with Facebook I've been reading that sometimes your access code is only good for an hour or 60 days. If you want to try and disable your access code to see if that helps try these steps: On Facebook, Go to Settings, click Account Settings, click on Security, then click Edit on the line that says Code Generator, then click Disable.. also it says you might want to try this from a computer because it doesn't work on the phone, but you can also do it from your tablet, if you open Facebook in your browser and then in your settings, click desktop version.

Jilly

• santora
    Options

Hi Jilly Jill, there is no Code Generator under Security... I tried my PC and my tablet...

• santora
    Options

I am not using the Facebook app on my tablet. I tried to search for info on disabling this Code Generator and found it is for Facebook Apps. I only have the Candy Crush app on my tablet.

• JillyJill
    Options

Santora,

Do you have facebook installed on your tablet? Because it might be connecting through that. You're correct, that code generator is from Facebook, I had to look it up just because I was stumped on the issue. Are you using an android tablet? You can always go to king.com in your browser, but on your tablet, once you reach king.com you'll have to go to your browser settings to choose "request desktop site" in order to sign in. But if you do have facebook on your tablet, go to your settings and disable the code generator anyway.

Let me know, thanks!

Jilly 

• santora
    Options

Everything is up to date on my tablet. As i said, I do not have the facebook app on my tablet and do mot want to install it. So i am not able to try the last solution. One resource sent me to Facebook Developers (on my PC) as i had to set up app accounts there for my Wordpress website to send posts to Facebook.  I had found a way to renew the access token and did. I tried to connect to FB tbrough Candy Crush on my tablet - I restarted the tablet and none of it registered or worked so i went back and deleted the APP account and tried agin after restarting the tablet and had no luck connecting to FB through Candy Crush and it didn’t work. I get no error mesage anymore, but i am not allowed to sign in. I have no idea what it will do to my website, but that is my problem. This is very frustrating and i cannot understand why i am the only person of the millions that play this game that has this problem. Perhaps i should just give up. 

• JillyJill
    Options

I've alerted the King Care moderators to look into this for you, don't give up yet. They'll know what to do to get you back on track. So hopefully they get my message once they come in tonight. 

Hang in there! 

Jilly 

• Cezdiamond
    Cezdiamond Posts: 6,498 Community Manager
    Options

Thanks for sharing this, I have had a quick investigation and this does indeed appear to be a problem related to Facebook, I think the best thing to do would be to reach out to their customer support as they should be able to offer some troubleshooting steps. 

Let us know how you get on and if this works. 

Thanks! 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?