How do I set the paintbrush direction on a mobile device (iPad)?

Options
Mac_Bradford
Mac_Bradford Posts: 5 Level 2

I can't set the paintbrush direction on my iPad; the stripes are always horizontal.  The internet has instructions on using a mouse to set direction but nothing for mobile.  I have had this problem before, but yesterday I tried three times on CC Saga, Level 1148, and each time the stripes were horizontal before I could do anything. How do I set the paintbrush direction?

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,760 Sweet Legend
    Options

I didn't know that you could choose the direction but I just found this video that will explain it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkdxydjun90

It has to do with the way that you swipe it.  If you swipe it left to right or right to left then it will go across.  Swipe it up and down and it will go that way.  You just taught me something new today.  I had no idea that we could determine the direction!

• Mac_Bradford
    Options

Elsa, thanks, but your answer doesn’t fit my situation.  I’m on an iPad so I don’t have a mouse, and the paintbrush doesn’t appear. The candy just goes to horizontal immediately. I have tried brushing my finger vertically, but the stripes still go horizontal.  Thanks for trying to help. 

• Mac_Bradford
    Options

I didn't know that you could choose the direction but I just found this video that will explain it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkdxydjun90

It has to do with the way that you swipe it.  If you swipe it left to right or right to left then it will go across.  Swipe it up and down and it will go that way.  You just taught me something new today.  I had no idea that we could determine the direction!

Elsa, thanks, but your answer doesn’t fit my situation. I’m on an iPad so I don’t have a mouse, and the paintbrush doesn’t appear. The candy just goes to horizontal immediately. I have tried brushing my finger vertically, but the stripes still go horizontal. Thanks for trying to help.
  • Syre_Riddle
    Syre_Riddle Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I had the same problem on my tablet. After you select the booster, long hold the candy you want to paint. Once you do, you will see an outline of the boxes that will be affected. To change the direction of the stripes, just slide your finger to the left or right (without lifting your finger from the screen) until the outline is showing the direction you want, then release. Hope this helps!

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,760 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi Syre, thank you so very much for giving us this information.  I will hold on to it if ever anyone else needs help.

• Mac_Bradford
    Options

I had the same problem on my tablet. After you select the booster, long hold the candy you want to paint. Once you do, you will see an outline of the boxes that will be affected. To change the direction of the stripes, just slide your finger to the left or right (without lifting your finger from the screen) until the outline is showing the direction you want, then release. Hope this helps!

Thanks, this is very helpful. To clarify...If I want the stripes vertical, do I move my finger up or down, not left or right?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?