Possible Cheating in Dexter Striped Candy Contest

Options
Petunia2253
Petunia2253 Posts: 12 Level 2

I like to play Candy Crush Saga.  There is a contest over the weekend about Striped Candies for Dexter the Whale that starts Thursday evening.  The goal is to create as many striped candies as possible before the Monday deadline.

For every striped candy created according to the requirements, the contestant will receive 10 points, *but only if the stripe is actually created by direct combination of four candies, and it has to be used in a match.  Stripes from special-candy or booster matches do not count.*

Here is the problem:   Normally players will advance 100 to 200 points a game.  As a competitor, if you really push yourself, it has been my experience to be lucky enough to perfectly match nearly a hundred stripes over the span of an hour.  But this also involves having to do many, many more moves necessary to advance to the next level, along with stripe-special-candy matches that do not count.  My point is that it takes a *lot of time, maybe a whole weekend for the leading players to acquire 3000-4000 points.

However, late Thursday night, I was surprised to notice the lead player had already accumulated 2,000 points around midnight … only a few hours after the contest started.  Just out of curiosity, I checked again at 1 AM, and this same player had jumped to 28,000 points in 1 hour! 

This means in just one hour ... between 12 midnight and 1 AM Friday, he had created and perfectly matched 2,600 striped candies to acquire 26,000 points, in addition to making thousands of more moves to advance in the games.  Obviously, that is IMPOSSIBLE.  

It is also demoralizing to the other players, and they will be discouraged to participate in the future if this continues.  Maybe it was a glitch in your system, but I am reporting this because that person (31,000+ points) might also be manipulating King's software.

Would you please have a moderator look into this and let us know what happened? 

Best Answer

• Laura_Grosvenor
    Laura_Grosvenor Posts: 1,581 Level 4
    Answer ✓
    Options

I will let the Moderator know about this, but there is little they will do beyond removing the prizes for anyone caught cheating. Still, this is worthy of looking into, so I will pass it on for you right now. Thank you for bringing this to King's attention and I hope you have a really good day.

Answers

• Laura_Grosvenor
    Laura_Grosvenor Posts: 1,581 Level 4
    Answer ✓
    Options

I will let the Moderator know about this, but there is little they will do beyond removing the prizes for anyone caught cheating. Still, this is worthy of looking into, so I will pass it on for you right now. Thank you for bringing this to King's attention and I hope you have a really good day.

• Petunia2253
    Petunia2253 Posts: 12 Level 2
    Options

Thank you. I hope it is just a software glitch, but the early morning timing and impossible score for an hour's play seemed a bit suspicious.
  • jiffylady1
    jiffylady1 Posts: 30 Level 2
    Options

As for cheating someone posted a photo of their solving all levels of 15 plus part of the prior puzzles all gold or solving them all with one try. I find that totally hard to believe. I see that many on Android seem to finish the levels faster than those of us on computer but to pass every puzzle with one try? It is too bad some of these players aren't monitored closer. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?