Candy Crush Saga crashes before game launches

Options
Damson_Wine
Damson_Wine Posts: 6 Level 2

2 days ago, CCSaga (played on my laptop, Windows 10), prompted me to login via Facebook (which I hadn't previously done, quite deliberately). In order to progress, I logged in via FB and as soon as I hit play, the entire app crashed and disappeared. I reset, repaired, reinstalled, troubleshot Windows Store Apps, did a clean reboot and then a clean reinstall of Windows 10 . . . all things suggested through this website. Unfortunately nothing is working. (Although CCSoda and CCJelly are still working with no problems.) Any suggestions? Many thanks! I would prefer to play as I was before, without connecting to Facebook.

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,741 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi Damson, are you able to log into the Kingdom?  I don't play on Facebook anymore with Windows 10 because there are too many issues.  Please try to log in with the Kingdom and let me know if the game works for you.  I will keep my eyes posted here during the weekend to see if anyone else has this issue.  It might be a new glitch starting.

• Damson_Wine
    Options

Hi Elsa, thank you for replying. I am able to log in to Kingdom and play the game (very slowly . . .  :)) I haven't tried reinstalling the app via Windows Store, so I shall give that another go too. My concern was also that I was being "forced" by the game to connect through FB. (It may be that I had accepted a challenge that only works via FB) . . . but there was no way of changing my mind! I'll let you know how I get on. Have a great weekend.

• _Elsa_
    Options

HI Damson, I am wondering if there is a new glitch when playing through Windows 10.  Someone write here saying that she tried to open up a level and the box popped up asking her to log in with Facebook.  Is this what happened with you?  I'm going to check out my game because I DO NOT like Facebook and only log in with the Kingdom.  I'll log out of the Kingdom and into Facebook to see what happens.  brb............  no mine worked for me but I have now logged out of Facebook and back into the Kingdom.  

For the latest updates make sure to install the app from the Microsoft store because if you are at the top and a new episode comes out you might not get it unless you have the app from the store.

I am going to keep your message on a list and see if others write about this during the weekend.

• _Elsa_
    Options

Hi Damson, this is turning into a glitch because a few people have reported this.  I am going to elevate this to a King Admin first thing tomorrow morning and she will notify the studio.

• Damson_Wine
    Options

Hi Damson, this is turning into a glitch because a few people have reported this.  I am going to elevate this to a King Admin first thing tomorrow morning and she will notify the studio.

Thank you so much for your help, much appreciated!
  • Damson_Wine
    Options

HI Damson, I am wondering if there is a new glitch when playing through Windows 10.  Someone write here saying that she tried to open up a level and the box popped up asking her to log in with Facebook.  Is this what happened with you?  I'm going to check out my game because I DO NOT like Facebook and only log in with the Kingdom.  I'll log out of the Kingdom and into Facebook to see what happens.  brb............  no mine worked for me but I have now logged out of Facebook and back into the Kingdom.  

For the latest updates make sure to install the app from the Microsoft store because if you are at the top and a new episode comes out you might not get it unless you have the app from the store.

I am going to keep your message on a list and see if others write about this during the weekend.

Hi Elsa, yes that's what happened to me. I cannot play UNLESS I log on to Facebook, which I don't want to do! Then when I log on to play, it crashes. Ideally I would like to continue playing Candy Crush but without having to play logging on to Facebook. :)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?