⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Issue with play screen - Windows 10

Options
anon07
anon07 Posts: 25 Level 2
Hello, I have not changed any settings to my knowledge, but my game screen is now looking like this - everything is compressed and tiny even with the game maximized. 

Best Answer

• anon07
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    Edit - as of this evening the game seems to be functioning normally again.  The only thing that is still affected is the play button screen which is smaller than normal, but I can deal with that!  Thanks to whoever fixed this!

Answers

• anon07
    Options
    Anyone know why this is happening?  I've updated, reinstalled, etc.  Still looks like this making some levels a little difficult to play.
  • Tamas
    Tamas Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Same problem here
  • anon07
    Options
    Hello?  Does anyone at support actually read these?  I tried emailing and just got a generic response for something that was totally unrelated to my question.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, checked for updates, etc.  I just want to know how to fix this!  
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @anon07 @Tamas and welcome to our adorable Community 😊 Of course we are reading this, don't worry. It's just a lot of work around the Community and not everyone can have their answers at the same time. I appreciate your patience very much!

I am not familiar with this issue but I will ask you kindly to follow the link below and try roubletoublesh steps. Please cleare the cache of the game and check if you have the latest version of the game, for Windows 10 it should be 1.139.0.1

https://community.king.com/en/blog/discussion/234689/play-your-favorite-king-games-in-windows-10

I hope this will help you. Have a great day 🤗
  • anon07
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @firebombmarkus

As I mentioned in a post above, I've done all of that which caused me to lose all of my progress, but the issue is still not fixed.  And the game recently updated, so I do have the latest version which is showing as version 1.1430.6.0.  It was last updated on January 30, 2019.

Also, my apologies for my impatience.  I just thought no one had read mine as it sat for days with no answer and many other questions posted after mine received answers already.  I know it's a lot of work, and I appreciate your time.  Thanks.
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Options

This is the Screen Shot of my Candy Crush Saga Windows 10 App. The Game Intro with the Play Button was reduced in size. It wasn't like this last December but I have no problem with it once the PLAY BUTTON is TAPPED. If you would like to see how the game looks like after the PLAY BUTTON is CLICKED, you can look at the video that I posted on Level 3765 on Level Help & Tips Discussion this morning. That game was played on Windows 10 App. 

My only complain about the Windows 10 App is sometimes the GAME freezes. I noticed that MINIMIZING & MAXIMIZING the GAME WINDOW WAKES IT UP.

Is this the only game or app you're having this issue?  I would like to know before I give you a suggestion.
  • anon07
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Yes, this is the only game.  I can play most levels fine, but if you look at the original post above, you will see that any level that has things that drop down are compressed at the top which covers the top row of candy almost completely making it difficult.  Also, my play button screen is drastically smaller than normal.  It's quite tiny - not just the play button, but the entire box.  In fact, any words that pop up while playing, the banners at the top when you first start a level, etc.  all of them are tiny now.  Minimizing, maximizing - nothing changes it.  I've updated, uninstalled, reset, pretty much everything you can think of - the issue is still there.  This only started just before the most recent update.
  • mercerik
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Did you say it started with the recent update? Were you referring to the Windows 10 or the Candy Crush Saga Update?  I have to ask these questions because I am still figuring out what your problem is. I can't say that the problem is caused by Candy Crush because I am using Candy Crush Saga Windows 10 App and I am not having the issue you are currently experiencing. I can't direct you to adjust the Windows 10 Settings because you said this is the only game that is affected. Hopefully, Candy Crush Support figures this out while I am poking around to find out the solutions for you so you can enjoy your game sooner than later. 

Come to think of it, is it possible that someone accidentally adjusted your MONITOR using the external adjustments at the bottom corner of it. Just a thought
  • anon07
    Options
    It started right around the time of the last Candy Crush update.  I'm the only one who uses this tablet, and all my monitor settings are the same as they have always been - I play on a Surface tablet.  It's not just me that's having this issue.  Someone else said they also have it.  Thanks for checking into it.  
  • mercerik
    Options
    You are welcome, anon07! I understand your frustration. It is awfully hard when you couldn't find a solution to your device problem. Unfortunately, I don't use a Surface Tablet. I am using an iPhone, iPad and a Windows 10 HP Desktop computer to play Candy Crush. Aside from portability, I don't think though that the Surface Tablet is any different than the Windows 10 Desktop when it comes to operation. I fix computers. I am sorry but without looking at your device, unable to re-create the problem, it is hard to figure out the exact solution. Good luck! 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?